Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Crispy, crunchy, yumminess in every bite these air fried sweet potato chips are amazing! They are the perfect healthy snack or addition to your lunch! Air fryer sweet potato chips are all natural, free of preservatives, and easy to make! You are going to love turning sweet potatoes into delicious chips in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
This recipe for homemade sweet potato chips cooked in the air fryer is one of my favorites! It’s so simple and the chips literally take just a few minutes to make saving you both time and money with the added bonus of them being super healthy too! You will never need to buy store bought chips ever again! And why would you!?! These are so much better for you and super affordable to make.
All you have to do is very thinly slice sweet potatoes, toss with some oil and seasonings, put them in the air fryer, and you’ll have delicious crispy sweet potato chips in no time! You can even season these chips with any herb or seasoning you like.
These chips are so yummy and make a fantastic snack or side to almost any sandwich, wrap, or burger! They are also great for school and work lunches. I love making air fryer sweet potato chips and you will too!
Why Sweet Potatoes Are Healthy
Sweet potatoes are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. Yes, they are sweet, but naturally sweet and high in several essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin C and vitamin B6, which are both important for the brain and nervous system. They are also loaded with vitamin A. Many people consider sweet potatoes to be a superfood.
How To Make Sweet Potato Chips in the Air Fryer
This recipe is so quick and easy to make. You only need a small handful of simple all natural ingredients to make these air fried sweet potato chips. This is what you will need:
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
Once you have your ingredients, start by washing the sweet potato and cutting the ends off. You can leave the sweet potato unpeeled like I do or peel it if you prefer. And if your sweet potato is large you will need to cut it in half longways. Then use a sharp knife to thinly slice. The thinner you slice the potato the better for crispier chips.
Next, add the sliced sweet potato to a large bowl. Then drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to season, and toss together to coat the sweet potato with the oil and seasonings. You want to make sure every chip is evenly coated for the best flavor. I kept mine simple using just salt and pepper, but you can use any seasoning you like on the chips.
Now to cook, put the coated sliced sweet potato into the air fryer basket and place in air fryer to cook at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Then at halfway through cooking remove the air fryer basket and flip the chips over using a spatula. Flipping the chips helps them to evenly cook and come out perfectly crisp and crunchy. Then put the basket back into the air fryer to finish cooking.
After the chips are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer basket and put them on a plate for 5 to 10 minutes to cool and crisp up even more. Cooled chips have a wonderful delicious crunch and are worth the wait.
Once cooled down the sweet potato chips are ready to eat! They are wonderful fresh out the air fryer and even better with a yummy dip like my keto bacon cheddar dip or smoked salmon cream cheese dip.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chip Variations
These sweet potato chips cooked in the air fryer are fantastic seasoned with just simple salt and pepper, but you can use any seasoning you like to craft your own flavor combination. For example, using cinnamon with a dash of salt would make a lovely savory sweet chip. A sprinkle of smoked paprika would be amazing too. And if you like spicy foods adding some cayenne pepper or ground chipotle would be perfect. The options are endless!
What To Serve with Air Fried Sweet Potato Chips
These yummy chips are amazing all on their own and make a fantastic healthy snack, but they also pair really well with a variety of things. These are just a few of my favorites for you to try.
- Air Fryer Fried Bologna
- No Mayo Tuna Salad With Avocado Wrap
- Hot Dogs In The Air Fryer
- Homemade Breaded Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer
- Frozen Burgers In The Instant Pot
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like cooking in the air fryer as much as I do then you are going to want to check out some more of my amazing, quick, and easy air fryer recipes! With a big variety to choose from you’re sure to find one to suit your taste buds!
- Sausage Patties In The Air Fryer
- Air Fried Frozen Chimichangas
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Kiev
- Yellow Squash In The Air Fryer
- Jalapeno Poppers In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 sweet potato
- olive oil or vegetable oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Wash your sweet potato and then cut off the ends. I leave mine unpeeled, but you can peel your sweet potato if you prefer. Next, if your sweet potato is large you will need to cut it in half longways, but if using a smaller potato there is no need. Now, use a knife to slice the sweet potato as thin as possible.
- Add the thinly sliced raw sweet potato chips to a large bowl. Then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Now, toss together until the sliced sweet potato is evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.
- Put the coated sweet potato chips into the air fryer basket. Then put the basket into the air fryer and cook the chips at 350°F for 15 minutes. After halfway through the cooking time remove the air fryer basket and flip over the chips with a spatula to ensure the chips evenly cook. Then put the basket back into the air fryer and let the chips finish cooking.
- When done, remove the chips from the air fryer and place on a plate to allow them to cool down for 5 to 10 minutes to get even crispier.
- Once cool, transfer the chips to your dish of choice and enjoy!
- Fresh Steamed Spinach In the Instant Pot
- How To Make Chocolate Covered Popcorn
- Easy Frozen Ravioli In The Instant Pot
- Kale Chips Recipe
- Spinach Chips Recipe
- Zucchini Chips Recipe
- Radish Chips Recipe
- Apple Chips Air Fryer Recipe
These were great! I had to add 4min, but maybe my tray was too full. Would sprinkling ranch dressing on work? Or is that something maybe to shake on after?
You can add seasoning either before or after cooking, it will work either way