This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Looking for a healthy afternoon snack alternative to potato chips? Try making a batch of these air fryer apple chips instead! These crispy apple chips still hold onto their delicious sweetness but, with the addition of the ground cinnamon, are on a whole other level. Trust me- you’ll find yourself reaching for these healthy chips instead of the greasy potato kind!
Air Fryer Apple Chips
I have an overload of apples! I might’ve bought one bag too many but they just looked so delicious! Originally, I bought them to make a batch of my famous air-fried baked apples stuffed with cinnamon and raisins. I was making them for a special after-dinner dessert and let’s just say, I got a little too excited with the apples.
So, instead of letting them go to waste, I decided to try my hand at making my own apple chips and it paid off!
I normally reach for a bag of dehydrated apple chips at the grocery store but they are usually overpriced and give you such a small portion. Not anymore!
These air fryer apple chips are amazing and addictive. Not only is it easy but you only need two ingredients: apples and cinnamon! They work perfectly as a healthy snack or appetizer served with a sweet dip.
Don’t have an air fryer? Try warming up a few cinnamon apple slices in the microwave! If you have a few extra apples, take a look at this recipe for healthy fried apples or this Instant Pot recipe for apple crisp!
How To Make Apple Chips In The Air Fryer
To make these cinnamon apple chips, you’ll need to first thoroughly clean the apples and dry them off before handling them.
Once they are washed, slice the apple into very thin slices (as thin as possible) and sprinkle on the cinnamon.
Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray. Place the apple slices in the air fryer basket into a single layer.
Set the air fryer to 350F for 10 minutes.
Halfway through the cooking time, flip the apple slices over.
Remove the apple chips from the air fryer and let cool for 5 minutes (they will harden after they cooldown).
Serve and enjoy!
- If you aren’t comfortable slicing the apples with a sharp knife, consider using a mandolin. Either way, make sure to be VERY careful.
- I prefer to use Fuji or Honeycrisp apples because they are on the sweeter side. If you want a more tart chip, consider using a Pink Lady or McIntosh apple.
What To Serve With Apple Chips
While these apple chips are perfect on their own, I will sometimes top them off with peanut butter (or any nut butter you like) and raisins for an afternoon healthy snack to serve my kids.
On some special occasion, I’ll give them a little spoonful of chocolate hazelnut spread for dessert and let them dip the chips.
For a fun lunch, serve the air fryer apple chips alongside a toasted grilled cheese sandwich!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this recipe for air ‘fried’ apple chips, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some other recipes I love to make:
- Air Fryer S’mores Recipe
- Frozen Waffles In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Canned Cinnamon Rolls
- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Roasted Figs
Air Fryer Apple Chips
- 1 apple
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Slice the apple into very thin slices (as thin as possible).
- Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put the apple slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Set the air fryer to 350F for 10 minutes.
- Halfway through the cooking time, flip the apple slices over.
- Remove the apple chips from the air fryer and let cool for 5 minutes (they will harden after they cool down).