This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Stop buying pre-made bags of chips when you can make these Air Fryer Zucchini Chips in less than 20 minutes! Healthy, crispy, and so easy to make, you’ll love everything about these veggie chips! Make enough for just one serving or a larger batch of air fryer zucchini for snacking throughout the week.
Learning how to make zucchini chips in the air fryer opens up all kinds of possibilities for healthy snacks. Try these Air Fryer Apple Chips for a sweet chip idea.
Why I love this recipe
Making these zucchini chips in the air fryer is so easy and tasty. They are perfectly crisp and a great way to enjoy healthy veggie snacks.
Serve these savory crispy chips with a hearty sandwich like this Turkey Bagel Sandwich.
- Healthy – Because we only use a few ingredients these air fryer chips made with zucchini are a healthy option for traditional fried chips. The air fryer minimizes the fatty oil; instead, we use healthy olive oil.Air fried zucchini chips are packed with nutrients and are a great source of fiber. You enjoy the unique flavor of crispy zucchini chips as a low-carb low calorie healthy snack.
- Quick and Easy – It seriously takes no time to make these air fried zucchini chips. If you have a vegetable slicer, you can use this to slice your zucchini into thin chips.
- Texture – We slice the zucchini thinly and once air fried, the chips are crispy and have the best crunch.
Vegetable chips made with zucchini are so easy to make in the air fryer and use very few ingredients. This is a great way to use leftover squash or a reason to head to the farmer’s market and shop for fresh produce.
- Zucchini – Rinse zucchini and slice thin. One medium zucchini makes about 1 cup of fried zucchini chips.
- Oil – I use olive oil but any oil will work fine.
- Salt and pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
Easy zucchini chips made in the air fryer only take a few steps to make. All you will need is a cutting board, knife, bowl, and air fryer.
Prepare Zucchini: Rinse zucchini and cut off the top and bottom. Slice into very thin rounds and pat the zucchini slices dry with paper towels to remove all the excess moisture.
Season: Place the sliced zucchini into a bowl and add olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss until well coated.
Air Fry Zucchini Chips: Add zucchini chips to the air fryer basket and set the air fryer to 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Halfway through, remove the basket and shake to allow the zucchini to cook evenly. Place the basket back in the air fryer.
At 10 minutes, check to see if fully cooked. If not, set the timer for an additional 5 minutes. Check every minute or so until done.
These homemade chips made in the air fryer with zucchini are the perfect healthy option for snacking. They take minimal time to prep and make.
These healthy zucchini chips are so tasty and have the best texture for a vegetable chip.
- Use a mandolin – It’s not difficult to slice thin pieces of zucchini, but you can certainly make this vegetable chip recipe that much easier by using a mandolin or vegetable slicer.
- Remove excess water – Zucchini holds a lot of moisture and this is an enemy of crispy chips! To ensure you have the best texture for your air fryer chips, use a paper towel to soak up the extra water.
- Shake basket – This allows the chips to cook evenly.
- Get Crispy – Let the zucchini chips rest for a few minutes for extra crispness.
Are zucchini chips healthy?
Zucchini is packed full of healthy nutrients, and fiber, and also low in calories and carbs. Olive oil is a healthy fat and nutritious so this vegetable chip recipe with zucchini is a nutritious snack option.
How long do zucchini chips last?
If stored correctly, zucchini chips can last up to one week in an air-tight container stored on the counter.
Zucchini Chip Variations
Enjoying these crispy vegetable chips is so delicious with just salt and pepper. It’s a clean, crispy snack that goes great with lunchboxes, movie night, and snacking.
- Add Parmesan – When coating the slices with olive oil, sprinkle in some parmesan cheese and a pinch of garlic powder.
- Make it Spicy – Add red pepper flakes and sliced jalapenos for a combination of zucchini chips and pepper chips for a super tasty, spicy treat.
- Ranch Chips – Coat the chips in ranch seasoning and serve the crispy ranch zucchini chips on top of a salad or as a flavorful snack.
- Baked Zucchini Chips
Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 1 week on the counter.
Meal Prep – Add zucchini chips to a lunch box in a small air-tight bag or container as a side.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Rinse zucchini and cut off the top and bottom. Slice into very thin rounds and pat the zucchini slices dry with paper towels.
- Place the sliced zucchini into a bowl and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until well coated.
- Place sliced zucchini into air fryer basket and set air fryer to 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Half way through, remove basket and shake to allow zucchini to cook evenly. Place basket back in air fryer.
- At 10 minutes, check to see if fully cooked. If not, set timer for an additional 5 minutes. Check every minute or so until done.
- AF Diced Sweet Potatoes
- AF Red Baron Pizza
- AF Shrimp Tempura
- AF Zucchini Fries
- AF Zucchini Bread
- AF Spicy Zucchini