This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
You won’t believe how much zucchini you can eat in the form of zucchini chips! These oven baked zucchini chips are amazing! Crunch, crunch, crunch!
What can be a better way to eat more zucchini? Even zucchini haters will love these amazing baked zucchini chips! They are so crunchy and addictive, so hard to believe they are healthy! You’ll blink and they’ll be all gone!
If you ever tried to search for ways to make zucchini chips, I’m sure you know that most recipes involve using a food dehydrator. I don’t even own one :) This delicious recipe shows you how to make zucchini chips without a food dehydrator. All you need is your oven to bake crispy and yummy baked zucchini chips!
If you had a bumper crop of zucchini and are looking for ways to use it all up, you’ll have it all eaten in one day if you turn it into these crunchy chips! For other delicious zucchini recipes, check out easy zucchini bread, stuffed zucchini boats and baked zucchini fries – they are all so easy and yummy!
How To Make Baked Zucchini Chips
Step 1: Slice Zucchini Into Very Thin Slices
You can use a mandolin or slice it by hand, just make sure the zucchini slices are super thin. If the zucchini slices are thick, they won’t turn into crispy chips, instead they’ll be soggy rounds :)
Step 2: Blot Zucchini Slices With Paper Towels
Blot zucchini slices with paper towels on both sides to draw the moisture out. Dryer slices will turn into crispier zucchini chips!
Step 3: Put zucchini on parchment paper and brush with oil
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put zucchini slices on parchment paper in a single layer. Brush with olive oil on one side, then flip the slices over and brush with olive oil on another side.
Step 4: Bake zucchini chips in the oven
Bake in pre-heated 220F oven for 2 hours, or until the zucchini chips are crispy. Yes, they really shrink after baking – just look at the picture how much smaller they got :)
Step 5: Season the zucchini chips
Zucchini chips should be seasoned after baking, not before. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and other desired seasonings to taste. Enjoy your homemade crunchy yummy baked zucchini chips!
Oven Baked Zucchini Chips Recipe
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220F.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini into extremely thin slices. Slice it as thin as you can - thick slices won't be crisp!
- Put the zucchini slices on a large sheet of paper towel in a single layer, then cover with another sheet of paper towel. Press on the paper towel with your hands over the zucchini slices to draw the moisture out.
- Put the zucchini slices on parchment paper in a single layer (discard the paper towel).
- Brush the zucchini slices with oil using a pastry brush. Flip them over and brush with oil on the other side.
- Put zucchini slices in the oven and bake for 2 hours (or until crisp).
- Remove the zucchini chips from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.