Looking for a no guilt summer snack that satisfies your salty and crunchy cravings, and won’t break the bank? These Baked Radish Chips will do the trick!
Radishes are sort of a forgotten vegetable. And, up until now, the only way most folks think of eating them is raw by themselves or maybe sliced and in a salad. How boring!
Well, that all changes with this recipe for Baked Radish Chips. These are ridiculously easy to make, highly addictive, and best of all, healthy!
Yes, I know, it seems people either love radishes or hate ‘em. Well, let me let you in on a secret – radishes undergo a taste transformation when they are roasted! Even the folks who don’t like radishes raw seem to love these tasty little munchy bites. A bag or a bunch, which you might think made of lot of Baked Radish Chips, will be gone before you know it!
And these Baked Radish Chips are so good for you! Radishes contain only 4 grams of carbohydrates, 1.9 grams of fiber, and 0.8 grams of protein. One cup of raw radishes contains 29% of the recommended daily amount of required vitamin C! And they are contain a wide range of other vitamins and minerals, including potassium, folate, manganese, copper, magnesium, calcium, vitamin B6, riboflavin, zinc, and phosphorus. Wow!
Radishes are also a powerful detoxifier which makes them good for both the stomach and liver by eliminating waste and toxins. Radishes also have both anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties – another reason to eat more radishes in the form of these radish chips :)
So, the next time you are at the store and see some beautiful red radishes in the produce section, grab a couple of bunches, and turn them into a tasty and healthy snack. You and your family will love these Baked Radish Chips. I think they are drool-worthy. And should you have any left over, you can store them in an airtight container for up to a week. What a tasty addition to a packed lunch!
If you like these baked radish chips, you will also love these recipes:
Radish Greens Pesto – another amazing recipe using those radish leaves! Perfect frugal recipe, using radish greens instead of basil and sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts, you get this homemade pesto at a fraction of a price of traditional pesto!
Baked Beet Chips – these veggie chips are gorgeous beet red color and so crunchy and addictive!
Radish Cucumber Salad – can it say “Crunch”? 2 crunchiest vegetables are combined in this amazing summer salad – perfection!
Green Summer Salad With Radishes – another epic radish salad that will make you include more radishes in your diet!
Sauteed Radish Greens – don’t throw out those radish greens! Radish greens are edible and are very nutritious and delicious!
- 2 bunches radishes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the radishes as thin as possible (the thinner the slices, the crispier the radish chips will be).
- Put the radish slices on a large sheet of paper towel in a single layer, then cover with another sheet of paper towel. Press on the paper towel with your hands over the radish slices to draw the moisture out.
- Put the radish slices in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Put the radish slices on the baking sheets in a single layer, so they are not touching.
- Put the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 2 hours (or until radish chips are crisp).
- Remove the radish chips from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.