This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Cutting board is one of the most frequently used items in most kitchens. If you eat a lot of natural unprocessed foods like chicken, meat, fish, fruits and vegetables, you certainly need a cutting board to cut them :) So if you are wondering which cutting board is best and which cutting board should you use, here’s my favorite cutting board:
Which cutting board is best for raw meat and chicken?
Definitely plastic! Even though wood cutting boards look nice, I would never use them to cut raw meat. Since wood is porous, it absorbs the juices from raw meat and whatever bacteria come with it. Yes, wooden cutting boards hold bacteria. No matter how well you wash the wooden cutting board, you’ll never get to the stuff that was absorbed inside that board. The only time I use a wood cutting board is for serving a cheese platter :)
Plastic cutting boards are non-porous, so nothing gets absorbed inside the board. After cutting raw meat or chicken on a plastic cutting board, all the dirt and bacteria is on the surface of the cutting board, so it gets washed off completely when you thoroughly wash the cutting board by hand or in a dishwasher.
Here are the reasons why this cutting board is my favorite:
- It has non-slip rubber edges, so it doesn’t slide around the counter
- It comes in a set of 3, so you get a small, medium and large cutting board of the same style
- It’s dishwasher safe, so to wash it simply put it in the dishwasher
- It’s BPA free, so you don’t have to worry about chemicals
- It doesn’t absorb odors, so if you are chopping garlic or onions on it, the smell doesn’t stick
- It’s high quality and lasts a long time
Apparently other people agree with me on how great this cutting board set is, as it has over 2,000 positive reviews on Amazon :) Click here to view it on Amazon >>