Moist and tender, this melt-in-your-mouth recipe for Slow Baked Salmon is, simply put, perfection. Full of flavor, this recipe makes for perfect, juicy salmon each and every time.
Salmon is one of my favorite types of fish. I love the flaky texture and the decadent flavor. Perfectly prepared salmon somehow makes any night feel like a special evening when you serve up salmon at dinner. This recipe for baked salmon at low temperature is my favorite way to prepare this amazing fish. Slow baking your fish in the oven at a low temperature is the secret to perfect, juicy salmon. By giving your salmon time in the oven, you can be sure it will come out just-right. After one bite, you will be hooked on this preparation method that is gluten-free, keto friendly, low in carbs, and paleo.
All you’ll need to prepare this tasty, flavorful fish main dish is four salmon filets, a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of pepper, and some fresh dill. Not a dill fan? Any seasoning or herb you love will be a great addition to this salmon. No fancy tools are needed to prepare this Slow Baked Salmon at low Temperature. Your oven, non-stick baking sheet, and parchment have you ready to go!
Let’s get started, shall we? Begin by preheating your oven and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper. What is the perfect temperature for Slow Baked Salmon? Three hundred degrees is just the right temp! Once you have preheated your oven, place the salmon filets on the baking sheet. Rub each filet with salt and pepper, then sprinkle your favorite herbs on top. My go-to is dill. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for thirty minutes, or until you have reached your desired doneness.
Your delicious, tender salmon will come out perfectly done with these easy steps. Juicy, yet flaky and just the right seasoning makes for a salmon that is elegant and subtle.
Another piece of great news is that you can serve this salmon hot or cold, so it makes great leftovers and is perfect for meal prep and chopped in salads!
With preparation this simple, it is hard to believe you can have a main dish this delicious. Seriously, you will swear this Slow Baked Salmon was prepared by a chef at a fancy restaurant! Nothing beats the mouth-watering flavor and flaky texture when you bake salmon at a low temperature. I promise it is the secret to salmon success!
Like the side dishes that you see on the picture above served with salmon? Here are the recipes for them:
Slow Baked Salmon At Low Temperature
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh dill or other herbs or seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the salmon fillets on the baking sheet and rub them with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with dill or other herbs.
- Put salmon in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until desired doneness.
Check out my other easy salmon recipes:
- Instant Pot Salmon – if you own an Instant Pot, you’ll love this super quick and easy way of cooking salmon!
- Salmon Spinach Egg Skillet – salmon is not just for dinner, it’s also perfect for brunch! This easy skillet bake is epic!
- Creamy Salmon Salad – this salad is super easy to make with just 4 ingredients, and it’s so mouthwatering and addictive!
- Salmon Kabobs – thread the pieces of salmon on a skewer and bake for another twist on salmon!
- Parmesan Crusted Salmon – this gorgeous baked succelent salmon is perfect for entertaining! Nothing beats a Parmesan-garlic crust!