If you are after a festive and unique appetizer perfect for Fall, this Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball is just what you are looking for! You will love the adorable presentation and the decadent flavor.
This appetizer is sure to be a hit at any Halloween party or Thanksgiving gathering. It is the type of presentation that brings a smile to any face! It makes a perfect keto, low carb, gluten-free, and vegetarian appetizer, presented in a winning style. This Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball is ready in just ten minutes but is going to be the centerpiece of your gathering. It is so good, you may want to prepare two or double the ingredients for a larger pumpkin cheese ball! So cute!
Is there anything as satisfying as cheese? I think not. This recipe combines cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, red bell pepper, and green onion in a presentation that is so fun. All you need is a food processor for this Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball recipe. This cheese ball tastes great when served with crackers or vegetables for dipping… although the pumpkin shape makes it almost too cute to eat!
It is so easy to prepare this eye-catching appetizer. Start by combining cream cheese, green onion, a quarter of the bell pepper, and the chili powder in a food processor, blending until it is smooth. Put the cream cheese mixture on a plastic wrap, then shape it into a ball, wrapping the plastic wrap around the cheese ball. Refrigerate it for at least two hours so the cheese mixture hardens. If you are short on time, try popping the cheese ball into the freezer for an hour.
When the ball has set, put shredded cheese on a plate. Unwrap the cheese ball from the plastic wrap and roll it in the cheddar cheese. Press so the cheddar so it sticks to the sides of the cheese ball.
Put the cheese ball on a serving plate and make pumpkin lines on the sides using the dull side of a knife. Add the bell pepper stem to the top to finish decorating the pumpkin cheese ball. Your adorable Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball is ready for that much-anticipated holiday celebration!
When it comes to celebrations, this Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball is a great addition. It tastes great, is a good fit for so many dietary needs, and is a great looking appetizer. How many foods can double as a decoration? You are sure to enjoy this eye-catching appetizer at your next party!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes made with real pumpkin vs. just pumpkin-shaped? Check these out:
- Best Ever Pumpkin Pie – this is the only pumpkin pie recipe you’ll ever need!
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins – these muffins are huge and have amazing texture and flavor!
- Pumpkin Soup In The Instant Pot – super easy and perfect for Fall!
Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 stalks green onion
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- stem from bell pepper for decorative top
- In a food processor or blender, combine cream cheese, green onion, 1/4 of red bell pepper and chili powder and blend until smooth.
- Put the cream cheese mixture on a plastic wrap, shape into a ball and wrap the plastic wrap around the cheese ball. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours so cheese mixture hardens (or to speed up the process, put in a freezer for an hour).
- Put shredded cheddar cheese on a plate. Unwrap the cheese ball from the plastic wrap and roll in the cheddar cheese, pressing into the cheddar so it sticks to the sides of the cheese ball.
- Put the cheese ball on a serving plate. Make pumpkin lines on the sides using a dull side of the knife. Add the bell pepper stem to the top to finish decorating the pumpkin cheese ball. Serve with crackers or veggies for dipping.
If you like this pumpkin-shaped cheese ball, I have another cheese ball recipe that you must save for later for the winter season:
- Pinecone Shaped Cheese Ball – this one is perfect for Christmas and New Year!