This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This cheesy baked salmon is so easy to make and truly mouthwatering! Slather the salmon with mayo, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake!
So tender and delicious, succulent salmon is baked under a layer of garlic mayo and melted cheddar cheese! This tastes so good, imagine biting into this cheesy yummy creation!
This yummy salmon recipe is so easy to make and uses very simple ingredients: salmon fillet, mayo, shredded cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Who doesn’t love the coat of garlicky mayo and bubbling melted cheese?
How To Make Baked Salmon With Cheese And Mayo
This is a super simple recipe, anyone can make it! First, preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Take a big salmon fillet (or small ones if that’s what you have), rub it with salt and pepper and put on a baking sheet.
Mix the mayo with minced garlic in a cup, then spread it on top of the salmon.
Next, sprinkle the salmon with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake the salmon for 20 minutes or until cooked through. That’s all there is to this simple recipe!
If desired, sprinkle with fresh parsley for garnish!
Cheesy Baked Salmon Recipe Variations
Here are some ideas:
- Use other fish instead of salmon – you can use any kind of fish – tilapia or white fish would be yummy too!
- Use separate small fish fillets instead of one giant fillet
- Use other types of cheese instead of cheddar cheese – try mozzarella or Parmesan or a blend of different cheeses (also see my baked Parmesan crusted salmon recipe – you’ll love it!)
- Add minced jalapeno to mayo to make it spicy!
- Rub the salmon with your favorite seasoning blend before spreading the mayo (try homemade Cajun seasoning for Cajun-style salmon)
- Use sour cream instead of mayo
- Use plain yogurt instead of mayo (check out my recipe for salmon with creamy garlic sauce that’s made with greek yogurt)
More Salmon Recipes
If you are a salmon lover, you will also love these easy salmon recipes from my site:
- Instant Pot Salmon – if you own an Instant Pot, cooking salmon has never been easier!
- Sheet Pan Salmon Meal Prep – bake salmon and veggies together to make healthy meals!
- Salmon Bake With Eggs And Spinach – salmon for brunch? Yes yes yes!
- Baked Salmon Skewers – everything tastes better on a stick, and salmon is no exception!
- Leftover Salmon Salad – got leftover salmon? Turn it into an amazing salad the next day!
Baked Salmon With Cheese And Mayo
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub the salmon with salt and pepper and put on a baking sheet.
- In a cup, mix the mayo and minced garlic.
- Spread the mayo on top of salmon.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of salmon.
- Put the baking sheet with salmon in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- If desired, sprinkle baked salmon with fresh parsley for garnish before serving.