This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Yeehaw, this Cowboy Caviar is just full of flavor. Whether you want to eat it with chips or just by the spoonful, you are in for a treat with this recipe!
Never heard of Cowboy Caviar? Well step right up because you are in for a serious treat. Combing juicy tomatoes, black beans, black-eyed peas, corn, onion, and peppers, this no-cook recipe is going to knock your socks (or boots!) off. It is so yummy and ready in just fifteen minutes. With flavors this good, everyone is sure to love it!
This recipe is colorful, fresh, and healthy. It is a feast for the eyes and is so unique. You have never tasted anything like it before! Gluten-free, paleo, vegan, and vegetarian, this Cowboy Caviar is a hit with any crowd.
I am loving the way it combines flavors int a new, exciting way. It is great to have prepared for a healthy salad or snack and also makes a great addition to any social gathering. Bring it to just one event and it is going to be requested again and again!
Cowboy Caviar could not be much easier to prepare, that is for sure. Throw on your spurs and let’s get to it! Start by pouring olive oil, lime juice, and chili powder in a cup. Give it a good whisk with a fork to combine and make a dressing. Put your chopped tomatoes, black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, and cilantro in a large salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine, adding in salt and pepper to taste. For best results, put this salad in the refrigerator an hour before serving. It gives the flavors a chance to blend. I promise you won’t regret it!
Just like that, you have a delicious salad that is sure to satisfy. Whether you are looking for a dish that is great for entertaining or just a new, unique recipe to enjoy at home, give this Cowboy Caviar recipe a shot.
I know you are going to love the way it brings together ingredients you have never before thought to combine. One of my favorite ingredients has to be the fresh chopped cilantro, it just really gives it that extra zing! This recipe sure is something special, so special that you are going to want to enjoy the whole bowl yourself!
- 1 lb tomatoes diced
- 15 oz can black-eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can sweet corn drained
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Pour olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and chili powder in a cup and whisk with a fork to combine to make a dressing.
- Put chopped tomatoes, black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, onion, bell pepper and cilantro in a large salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you like Cowboy Caviar, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Mexican Street Corn Salad – this cheesy spicy corn is so addictive, it’s always a hit!
- Pineapple Cucumber Salad – so easy to make and so refreshing!
- Best Ever Potato Salad – this is the only potato salad recipe you’ll ever need!
- Easy Waldorf Salad – made with apples and celery, it’s so crunchy and good!
- Perfect Stuffed Mushrooms – these awesome little stuffed mushrooms are so easy to make and disappear immediately!
- Eggplant Caviar – another awesome vegetable “caviar” recipe, you need it in your life!