This authentic and delicious Mexican Shrimp Cocktail has a flavor that is beyond belief. It brings together incredibly flavors that I know you are just going to adore.
Are you obsessed with Mexican food and looking for something new to add to your recipe repertoire? I could eat Mexican food every day of the week, but I find myself often relying on the same handful of recipes. If you are like me and could use some inspiration to liven up your home cooking, this recipe for Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is a definite winner. It is simple to make but is a great way to change things up a bit.
This Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is an amazing appetizer that is going to knock your socks off. It combines so many amazing flavors – zesty lime, fresh cilantro, rich avocado, refreshing cucumber… these are just a few of the incredibly mouthwatering ingredients in this recipe.
It is so delicious you’ll hardly believe it came from your own kitchen. We are talking five-star cuisine flavor! You would expect to find something this delicious at an authentic Mexican restaurant, but it can be made in your own kitchen.
Maybe you are thinking, wait… how long will this take me?! I am telling you… quick and easy. Fifteen minutes is all it takes to make this Mexican Shrimp Cocktail. Really, fifteen minutes! To whip up this quick but flavorful dish, you combine your thawed cooked shrimp, avocado, and lime juice in a bowl. Let the mixture stand for ten minutes while chopping your other ingredients. Add in your remaining ingredients and toss until combined. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving and enjoy! See, I promised quick and easy!
The best way to defrost shrimp is in a refrigerator overnight, but you can also do it quickly by using my guide how to thaw frozen shrimp fast – simply run it under cold running water.
This recipe is not only absolutely incredible and mouth-watering, it is also so healthy. It is gluten-free, keto-friendly, and paleo. It packs thirteen grams of protein and has only twelve grams of carbohydrates! You can’t beat that when it comes to a yummy appetizer. The Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is sure to tickle your taste buds without leaving you in a food coma.
If you are craving Mexican food but looking for something outside the usual chips and salsa, look no further than this tasty treat. With so many tasty flavors combining, this Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is nothing short of awe-inspiring! It is truly addicting, so proceed with caution… don’t say I didn’t warn you!
If you like this Mexican shrimp cocktail, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Mexican Street Corn Salad – this salad is so festive and mouthwatering! Everyone loves this cheesy spicy corn!
- Mexican Scrambled Eggs – super simple way to add a Mexican flavor to your breakfast!
- Homemade Flour Tortillas – they taste so fresh, a huge difference from the store-bought ones!
- Mexican Mango Salsa – this mango salsa is so addictive, before you know it you’ll eat the whole bowl!
- Black Bean Enchiladas – these enchiladas are like the ones in a Mexican restaurant, easy to make and taste authentic!
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 lb cooked shrimp tail-off, peeled and deveined, thawed
- 3 limes squeezed
- 2 avocados chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Clamato tomato and clam juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce optional
- Combine shrimp, avocado and lime juice in a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes (meanwhile, chop the other ingredients).
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss until combined. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.