These Mexican chicken fajitas are so easy to make and delicious! Marinated with spices, they are totally bursting with flavor!
Who wants yummy Mexican food for dinner? You don’t need to go out or get takeout – make these amazing chicken fajitas yourself and eat them all up!
These chicken fajitas consist of chicken, bell pepper and onion slices marinated in a mixture of lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, pepper and cumin. The marinade gives the fajitas such deep flavor, it tastes amazing! I usually put them to marinate the night before in the refrigerator, so the flavor really permeates the chicken completely! No time to marinate? No problem, it will still be yummy, you’ll see :)
This is the easiest recipe ever! Chicken fajitas are ready in 20 minutes flat (if you don’t count marinating time). 5 minutes to slice everything, 5 minutes to assemble and toss in the marinate and 10 minutes to cook!
You can also make these chicken fajitas into a freezer meal. Just put all ingredients and the marinade into a freezer bag and freeze. When you are ready for some Mexican food, just defrost in a refrigerator overnight and cook! It will also marinate while defrosting!
For the best presentation, you can use the mixture of the red, green and yellow bell peppers. We need the total of 3 bell peppers, so you can use one of each. It will be a super colorful Mexican dish!
These Mexican chicken fajitas are super healthy and good for you! They are low-carb, full of lean protein and nutritious veggies! Healthy and yummy is always a winner! Plus easy to make – that’s a home run!
These easy chicken fajitas are so versatile! There are many way to eat them – in corn or flour tortillas, over rice (try cilantro-lime rice, you’ll love it!), over quinoa, over lettuce leaves or on its own! Eating fajitas with greens or on their own is a perfect easy low-carb meal!
- 1 lb chicken breasts or thighs, sliced into thin strips
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Squeeze the juice from a lime into a cup. Add olive oil, chili powder, cumin and black pepper.
- Put the chicken, bell pepper and onion slices in a large bowl. Add the lime juice mixture and toss with your hands until combined.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour in a refrigerator (I usually marinate it overnight) or for 20 minutes on the counter. If you don't have the time, just skip marinating - it will still taste great!
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken fajitas mixture to the frying pan and cook, stirring every 30 seconds, for 7 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.