This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Love pasta? Love Mexican food? You will love this mouthwatering hybrid: Spicy Mexican Fajitas Pasta!
This yummy Mexican-style pasta has sauteed bell peppers and onions, spicy chili pasta sauce and gooey melted taco cheese – amazing! If you enjoy eating all those things separately, you will definitely love eating them together, as those flavors go so well together and make a perfect combo!
As many other good recipes, this pasta came together as my way of using up leftover Chipotle copycat fajitas. I made a huge batch of Chipotle-style grilled peppers and onions, and on the second day decided to toss them into some pasta along with a pasta sauce and a can of green chilies. And what’s the best way to garnish a pasta? Cheese, of course! Lots and lots of cheese! I threw in the whole package of shredded Mexican taco cheese, and this pasta turned out so perfect!
What’s the best way to extinguish the heat from spicy chilies? With melted cheese of course! Comforting melted gooey cheese makes the spicy sauce take on the whole new flavor dimension!
This fajitas pasta is meatless, making it a perfect vegetarian main dish. If you’d like, you can throw in some chopped cooked chicken and turn it into chicken fajitas pasta! If you like chicken fajitas, check out my easy weeknight chicken fajitas recipe – they take less than 20 minutes to make!
This simple Mexican fajitas pasta also comes together in less than 20 minutes from start to finish, so put it in your collection of easy weeknight recipes right now! It’s extremely easy to make: first boil a pot of pasta, and while the pasta is cooking, pan-fry some sliced bell peppers and onions, add a jar of pasta sauce and a small can of chilies, then add the pasta and top with shredded cheese! So easy and yummy!
Here are some more easy recipes you will love:
- 1 package (16 oz) pasta
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 bell peppers, cored and chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 jar (16 oz) pasta sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded taco cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Add the pasta sauce and green chilies, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Drain the pasta and return to pot. Add the peppers mixture to the pasta and mix until combined. Add the shredded cheese and mix until combined.