This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
With my air fried shrimp fajitas being so popular, I decided to give it a shot and make air fryer chicken fajitas. Spoiler alert…it turned out amazing! With just 15 minutes of cooking, you can have a full Mexican dinner ready to go. Your family is going to LOVE this!
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
Lately, I’ve been trying to come up with recipes to feed at least a family of four. That means quicker meal prep, fewer dishes, and less clean up. It’s been great and now I have another delicious Mexican recipe to add to our family meal plan!
Ingredients To Make Air Fried Chicken Fajitas
Are you ready to make this fajita recipe yourself? Let’s go! This is the list of ingredients you need to make it happen:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Bell peppers
For the seasoning, all you need is chili powder or if you’d like, you can use taco seasoning instead! I also added some lime juice and olive oil to make a quick marinade for the chicken. It made all the difference!
Not a fan of chicken? Try to make these shrimp fajitas in the air fryer instead! If you don’t have your own, this is the model I recommend for you to buy. I love mine! You can also make chicken fajitas in the oven.
How To Make Chicken Fajitas In The Air Fryer
Start making this recipe by prepping and slicing up all the meats and veggies. Add the sliced chicken, bell peppers, and onions into a bowl.
Make the chicken marinade with lime juice and olive oil. Sprinkle the chili seasoning over the top and toss until combined.
Place the chicken fajita mixture into the air fryer basket.
Cook the chicken fajitas in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through to make sure the meat and veggies cook all the way through.
- This is an optional step you can do: for a deeper flavor, marinate the raw fajita mixture on the counter for 30 minutes or in a refrigerator overnight before cooking in the air fryer.
- You can also turn it into a freezer meal by freezing the raw fajita mixture and defrosting it later when you’re ready to cook.
- For healthy meal prep, divide the cooked chicken fajitas between meal prep containers and refrigerate.
What To Serve With Chicken Fajitas
Anytime I make fajitas, I always like to make some of my famous (at least in our household) homemade Mexican flour tortillas and top it off with some of my easy homemade guacamole and fresh pico de gallo salsa!
I also like to serve these air fryer chicken fajitas with some:
Looking for a low carb option? Consider adding the chicken and veggies to make a refreshing and filling fajita taco salad!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this recipe for air ‘fried’ chicken fajitas, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some other dinner recipes I love to make:
- Air Fryer Pita Pizza
- Crispy Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Juicy Chicken Legs In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
AIr Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into thin strips
- 2 bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 lime squeezed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put sliced chicken, bell peppers and onion in a bowl. Add lime juice, chili powder and olive oil and toss until combined.
- Put the chicken fajita mixture in the air fryer basket. Cook in the air fryer at 400F for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.