These Instant Pot shrimp fajitas are ready in 5 minutes – faster than it would take to get a Mexican takeout!
Instant Pot shrimp fajitas are one of the quickest dinners you’ll ever make! It’s also one of the healthiest too and fits perfectly into low-carb or keto diet!
I usually make shrimp fajitas in the oven (see my sheet pan shrimp fajitas recipe) but then decided – why not try making them in my Instant Pot? I already have the recipes for frozen shrimp in the Instant Pot and Instant Pot pepper and onion fajitas – so this shrimp fajitas recipe is simply these two recipes combined!
How To Make Instant Pot Shrimp Fajitas
Mexican shrimp fajitas make a perfect Instant Pot recipe – you just dump the ingredients in the pot, press the button and dinner is ready in 5 minutes!
For this recipe you need 4 simple ingredients: a bag of frozen shrimp, 2 sliced bell peppers, 1 sliced onion and 2 tbsp Taco seasoning (if you want to make Taco seasoning yourself, see my epic homemade Taco seasoning recipe). For shrimp fajitas, I like to use peeled tail-off shrimp – after all, who wants to deal with the shrimp tails while you are eating the fajitas :)
Put all ingredients in the Instant Pot and add 1 cup water. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button and set the time to 1 minute on High pressure. When it’s done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam. Drain excess water and the shrimp fajitas are ready to be served!
What To Serve With Instant Pot Shrimp Fajitas
These shrimp fajitas make a complete low-carb meal as they include both protein and vegetables, so you can really do without any extra side-dishes. Or if you’d like, you can serve these shrimp fajitas with corn or flour tortillas (check out my tortillas from scratch recipe). Another way to serve the shrimp fajitas is in lettuce leaves to make lettuce wraps.
How To Freeze Shrimp Fajitas
You can make a homemade Instant Pot shrimp fajitas frozen dinner! Simply put sliced bell peppers, sliced onion and Taco seasoning in a ziploc bag and clip it to the bag of frozen shrimp. When it’s time to make fajitas, just dump the frozen peppers and onion mixture and frozen shrimp into Instant Pot and cook exactly the same for 1 minute on High pressure. Enjoy!
Shrimp fajitas leftovers can be stored in a fridge for up to 5 days and reheated in a microwave as needed, so this recipe is great for meal prep!
If you like these Instant Pot shrimp fajitas, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Instant Pot Salmon – easiest way to cook fish fillets in Instant Pot, takes less than 5 minutes!
- Instant Pot Whole Fish – if you want to cook a whole fish and serve it on a platter, Instant Pot is perfect for this task!
- Instant Pot Zucchini – this spicy garlic zucchini is so healthy and good!
- Instant Pot Egg Roll In A Bowl – takeout fakeout! This low-carb take on the egg roll is one of my most popular Instant Pot recipes!
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken – make your own rotisserie chicken at home in your Instant Pot! It’s fall-off-the-bone tender!
Instant Pot Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 lb frozen shrimp peeled and deveined, tail-off
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- Put shrimp, sliced peppers and sliced onions in the Instant Pot. Sprinkle with Taco seasoning and toss until combined.
- Add water to the Instant Pot, close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 1 minute on High pressure.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam. Drain the shrimp fajitas in a colander and put in a serving dish. Add salt, pepper and more Taco seasoning to taste.