Instant Pot frozen shrimp is ready in minutes! This is the easiest dinner ever!
Got a package of frozen shrimp in your freezer? You’ve got dinner! Toss the package on frozen shrimp into your Instant Pot and get a pot of piping hot cooked shrimp in 5 minutes! Don’t own an Instant Pot? Click here to read my Instant Pot review.
Even though you can thaw frozen shrimp under running water, it’s nice to be able to do it in the Instant Pot. Instant Pot will not only thaw your frozen shrimp, it will cook it and your shrimp will be piping hot! This Instant Pot frozen shrimp recipe works well for both raw and cooked frozen shrimp.
Since shrimp cooks really quickly, for frozen cooked shrimp I’m utilizing my “zero minutes” technique that I also use for quick-cooking vegetables in the Instant Pot (such as broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus). Set the cooking time to zero (0) minutes on High pressure, followed by a quick release (QR), and while the Instant Pot comes to pressure the shrimp will be already thawed and heated! I also use 1/2 cup of hot tap water (instead of cold) so the Instant Pot comes to pressure as quickly as possible!
For frozen raw shrimp, I use the cooking time of 1 minute on High pressure followed by the quick release (QR). One minute is plenty of time to pressure cook raw shrimp to perfection!
Now you’ve got a perfect seafood dinner in minutes, thanks to your Instant Pot! Serve this shrimp over rice or quinoa, add it to salads, or toss with some butter and minced garlic for a quick shrimp scampi. You can also serve it with the homemade shrimp cocktail sauce – delicious!
Now imagine how much a shrimp dinner would cost in a restaurant… Homemade seafood feasts save you so much $$$! And for the ultimate seafood dinner, check out my Instant Pot lobster tails recipe – it’s so easy, you won’t believe it!
If you like Instant Pot frozen shrimp, you will also love these easy recipes:
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta – toss your Instant Pot shrimp into this pasta dish, it tastes amazing!
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Legs – got a package of frozen chicken legs? You’ve got dinner! Easiest recipe ever!
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast – got to cook chicken breast from frozen + awesome recipe ideas to use that cooked chicken breast!
- Instant Pot Hamburgers – yes, you can make burger patties in your Instant Pot! They are so juicy and much easier than the grill!
- Frozen Shrimp And Vegetables Stir Fry – another super quick and easy dinner with a bag of frozen shrimp and a bag of frozen vegetables!
Check out my whole collection of Instant Pot recipes – easiest on the Internet!
- 1 lb frozen shrimp
- ½ cup hot tap water
- Put water in the Instant Pot and add frozen shrimp. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to ZERO (0) minutes for frozen cooked shrimp (or 1 minute for frozen raw shrimp) on High pressure.
- When Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
- Drain the shrimp in a colander and serve.