This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
If you love shrimp, you HAVE to try this recipe. You are going to love this frozen breaded shrimp in the air fryer! The outside is super crispy and salty and it gives the shrimp is a nice bite. And when you pair it with the perfect dipping sauce you’ll have no regrets whatsoever.
Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Shrimp
I am always keeping an eye out to see what I could potentially cook in the air fryer and let me tell you, I think I am on to something. I’ve tried so many things; from sweet potatoes to hamburgers to air fried french toast!
This time, I’m calling all you seafood lovers out there. I’ve got a new way to cook a classic: breaded shrimp! If you don’t own an air fryer, click here for the model I recommend.
This air fryer shrimp recipe is amazing and incredibly simple to make. All you need is one thing: frozen breaded shrimp. That’s it!
You can use any brand of frozen breaded shrimp (you can even buy breaded shrimp online), they always turn out perfectly and are ready in under 10 minutes. No need to thaw!
But, if you want to go the extra mile, you can always make them from scratch by dipping shrimp in egg and rolling in bread crumbs.
If you are trying to keep it low carb, I highly recommend trying this frozen shrimp in the air fryer (no breading involved!).
Don’t like shrimp? You should give this crispy breaded fish a taste. Tender fish fillet with a delicious crispy exterior… to die for!
How To Make Frozen Breaded Shrimp In The Air Fryer
Place the frozen breaded shrimp in the air fryer basket.
Cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
After the 8 minutes are up, check the shrimp for crispiness.
If needed, cook for additional time in 3-minute increments until they are ready (exact time depends on the size of shrimp and the amount).
What To Serve With Breaded Shrimp
I love to serve my breaded shrimp with some sort of dipping sauce that will really elevate the flavor of the shrimp, like this creamy garlic yogurt dill sauce I like to serve with baked salmon!
These are some of the other dipping sauces I like to add to the rotation:
- Cocktail Sauce – A classic spicy dipping sauce served with shrimp. So good!
- Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Chili Sauce – A savory Asian sauce with a sweet and spicy tang. Definitely one of my go-to’s.
- Tzatziki Sauce – This creamy dipping sauce pairs perfectly with the crispy shrimp.
If you want to serve the air-fried shrimp as a meal, I highly recommend serving it with a side of cilantro lime rice and a few asparagus spears that have been roasted in the air fryer. It’s a perfectly balanced meal!
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this crispy ‘fried’ breaded shrimp recipe, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are my favorite main dish recipes:
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Roasted Cornish Hens In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Juicy Hamburgers In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Shrimp
- 1 lb frozen breaded shrimp
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put frozen breaded shrimp in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400F for 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Check shrimp for doneness and crispyness - if needed, cook for additional time in 3 minute increments, until ready (exact time depends on the size of shrimp and the amount).