This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
If you are looking for a quick protein option to serve up for dinner, you should try making these air fryer chicken legs! In under 30 minutes, you and your family will be eating a delicious and filling meal.
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Cooking these chicken legs in the air fryer was definitely the right call. The air fryer allowed the drumsticks to get this incredible crispiness and yet maintain juicy tender meat on the inside. It’s so tender that when you go to take a bite, it falls right off the bone!
Don’t have an air fryer? No problem!
Let me tell you. They were just as juicy and tender. So definitely a must! The main difference is the Instant Pot can’t recreate that crispy exterior the same way the air fryer can. If you are on the market for an air fryer, click here for the model I recommend.
Different Ways To Season The Chicken Legs
For this recipe, I went with a really simple salt and pepper seasoning but you can change it up if you like! I have tons of different flavor combos you can try out with this recipe.
These are some of my favorites:
- Spicy Chili Lime– A little bit of chili powder and sweet paprika with a dash of red pepper flakes will really kick the seasoning up a notch.
- Lemon Garlic– Add a squeeze of lemon and a whole bunch of garlic to get some nice vibrant flavors.
- Honey Soy BBQ– If you’re looking for a sort of Asian fusion with some texas BBQ, this recipe is for you!
- Apricot Jalapeno Garlic– The perfect balance between sweet and spicy. All you need is apricot jam, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and soy sauce.
- Sweet and Sour– A classic for sure! Take your favorite Chinese chicken dish and make it at home!
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – not just for bagels, it’s great on chicken too!
How To Cook Chicken Drumsticks In The Air Fryer
Before you cook the chicken legs, make sure to clean and pat them dry before you attempt to season them.
Layout all the chicken legs and season them with salt, pepper, and your favorite seasonings (take a look at some of my suggestions above).
Place the chicken drumsticks in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer.
Cook at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
What To Serve With Air Fried Chicken Legs
I’ll admit- I’m definitely guilty of eating these as-is because they are just that tasty!
If you are looking to serve a whole meal and need some ideas on what to serve as side dishes, take a look at some of these recipes:
- Zucchini radish salad
- Air fried Baked potato
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Crispy air fried asparagus
- Roasted acorn squash
Any of these recipes would pair perfectly with these juicy chicken legs!
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this juicy ‘fried’ chicken legs recipe, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are my favorite main dish recipes:
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Roasted Cornish Hens In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Frozen Shrimp In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- 1 lb chicken legs
- salt and pepper
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Season the chicken legs with salt and pepper and your favorite seasonings.
- Put the chicken legs in the air fryer in a single layer. Cook at 400F for 25 minutes.