This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These Apricot Garlic chicken legs are sweet, spicy, sticky and so finger-lickin’ good! Very easy to make, awesome mix of flavors!
What could be more perfect for a weeknight dinner than chicken legs? This delicious sweet & spicy sauce is made in just one minute in a food processor by combining apricot jam, jalapeno pepper, garlic and soy sauce. Food processor really makes things so much easier – no mincing garlic and jalapeno by hand, just give the food processor a whirl and it does it all for you!
Chicken legs are smothered with this sticky yummy sauce and baked in the oven, and they come out bursting with flavor. This tasty combination of sweet, spicy and garlicky flavors turns those ordinary chicken legs into a zesty exciting dish!
Chicken legs are a perfect way to feed a large family. Most kids, including picky eaters, love them, and have fun getting messy and licking their fingers :) There is just something mysteriously enticing about holding a piece of meat on the bone!
Also, chicken legs are one of the cheapest cuts of meat – you can often get a huge “family pack” of chicken drumsticks for around five bucks. And who says that “budget recipes” have to be dull? These apricot jalapeno garlic chicken legs prove the opposite. With a little creativity, any boring ingredient can be turned into a gourmet meal, and this delicious chicken drumsticks recipe is great for your wallet and for your taste buds.
Another great bonus of chicken legs that they are very forgiving when it comes to cooking. Unlike chicken breast that can quickly turn dry and rubbery, chicken legs stay juicy and soft even if you cook them longer than necessary. Easy, cheap and yummy – that’s all you want in an everyday recipe, making these chicken legs perfect for weeknight dinners!
Apricot Jalapeno Garlic Chicken Legs Recipe
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 4 gloves garlic
- 12 chicken legs
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut jalapeno peppers in half. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard the seeds.
- Peel the garlic.
- Put apricot jam, soy sauce, jalapeno peppers and garlic cloves in a food processor bowl fitted with a steel blade. Process for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Put the chicken legs on a baking sheet. Pour the sauce over the chicken legs and toss to coat the chicken legs with sauce all over.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and turn the chicken legs one by one, so the side that was on the bottom is now facing up. Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the thickest pieces are cut.
- Put the chicken legs on a serving platter and pour the sauce that's remaining on the baking sheet over the chicken legs. Enjoy!