This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Give me all the spice, I just can’t get enough! This Spicy Chili Lime Baked Chicken Legs recipe is mouthwatering and packs just the right amount of spicy goodness.
Is there anything better than chicken drumsticks? The answer is yes. The only thing better than chicken drumsticks are spicy chicken drumsticks. These Spicy Chili Lime Baked Chicken Legs are easy to prepare and take one of my favorite main dishes to the next level. Combining some of my favorite flavors, this recipe brings the awesome tastes of chicken, chili, and lime together in perfect harmony.
Even better, you don’t have to miss out on this dish because of your dietary needs. This chicken is gluten-free, keto, low in carbs, and paleo friendly. No fryer in sight, either! Spicy, moist, and flavorful, this dinner takes only five minutes of prep time and tastes amazing! One bite of these Spicy Chili Lime Baked Chicken Legs and you will be in spice-paradise! Seriously, this recipe is that good.
Are you ready to get started? Mix together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Put two pounds of chicken legs in a bowl and pour the olive oil and spice mixture on top. Toss the drumsticks in the spicy oil mixture with your hands to coat. Make sure the chicken is coated with spices.
If you want to really step up the flavor, marinate the chicken in the refrigerator overnight, or even for just an hour. No time, no worries. This chicken will taste great even without the extra time. Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the chicken legs on a baking sheet in a single layer before placing in the oven. Bake for thirty minutes before give the chicken legs a flip with a pair of tongs. Bake for another ten minutes and then enjoy these Spicy Chili Lime Baked Chicken Legs.
Bringing together zesty lime, spicy red pepper flakes, flavorful garlic, and tasty chili powder, this chicken recipe is anything but boring. If you need to spicy up your chicken (literally), these Spicy Chili Lime Baked Chicken Legs are just what the doctor ordered! For another take on this recipe, see Chili Lime Chicken Stir Fry.
Spicy and delicious, they come out perfectly baked every single time. You don’t want to miss out of this amazing keto and low-carb dinner. This chicken drumsticks recipe couldn’t be easier and your taste buds will thank you!
Also, check out these tasty sides:
- Best Ever Roasted Potatoes
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Radish Salad (pictured with chicken legs on the first photo)
Spicy Chili Lime Baked Chicken Legs
- 2 lbs chicken legs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 limes squeezed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Mix together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Put chicken legs in a bowl and pour the olive oil and spice mixture over the chicken legs, tossing with your hands to coat so all the chicken is coated with spices.
- OPTIONAL STEP: marinate the chicken in refrigerator (1 hour - overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a bakng sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the chicken legs on a baking sheet in a single layer. Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken legs over with tongs and bake for another 10 minutes, or until internal temperature is at least 165F.
If you like these spicy chili lime chicken drumsticks, check out my other yummy chicken leg recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Legs – got an Instant Pot? You can cook chicken legs straight from frozen in it, no need to thaw!
- Baked Chicken Legs With Potatoes – toss them together with potatoes on the same baking sheet and bake!
- Sweet & Spicy Garlic Chicken Legs – omg, what an explosion of flavor!
- BBQ Baked Chicken Legs – so finger-lickin’ good!
- Baked Lemon Garlic Drumsticks – simple and delicious!