This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These easy baked chicken legs will become your favorite! Bursting with lemon and garlic flavor, they are so succulent and taste amazing!
While these chicken legs are baking, the smell will make everyone in the house drool! Lemon garlic yumminess is in the air, chicken legs are ready to be devoured!
This lemon garlic chicken legs recipe is so easy and so simple, it is perfect for weeknight dinners! All you need to do to make these easy baked chicken legs is rub them with fresh garlic, salt and pepper, pour freshly squeezed lemon juice over them and bake. You’ll be done with the prep in less than 5 minutes, and then the oven will do all the work! I love lazy recipes like this!
Chicken legs are usually the cheapest cut of chicken, yet everyone love them! This is a perfect budget-friendly way to feed a crowd! All the ingredients – chicken legs, garlic, lemon and parsley – are cheap, simple and easily accessible. Nothing fancy, just the good old-fashioned everyday ingredients to make this solid, good-looking and mouthwatering meal!
Looking for more chicken leg recipe ideas? I’ve got even more – check out honey soy baked chicken legs and baked apricot chicken legs – yes, baking the chicken legs is my favorite way of making them, and I’m always thinking of new twists and delicious flavors!
These baked lemon garlic chicken legs are amazing with oven roasted potatoes! You can make the potatoes at the same time in the oven on another baking sheet. Even though my roasted potato recipe suggests the oven temperature of 425F, you can bake them together with chicken legs at 400F – the potatoes will turn out just fine, they just might need a few extra minutes of baking to become perfectly roasted. Enjoy!
- 12 chicken legs
- 2 lemons
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup minced parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the chicken legs on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Rub each chicken leg with minced garlic all over.
- Squeeze one lemon over the chicken legs.
- Slice the second lemon and put the slices on a baking sheet between the chicken legs.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and carefully flip each chicken legs with tongs.
- Return the chicken legs to the oven to the top rack and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Switch the oven to Broil and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Remove chicken legs from the oven, put on a platter, pour the pan juices over them and sprinkle with fresh parsley.