This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Perfectly seasoned, crispy on the outside, and so juicy on the inside, this easy recipe for Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Drumsticks is delicious! The air fryer does all the work and cooks the chicken to tender golden brown yumminess with no added oil in just 25 minutes!
Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Drumsticks
This recipe is an amazing healthy version of classic breaded chicken legs and so darn good! It’s the perfect way to indulge in crispy chicken that’s actually not all that bad for you! It’s the magic of the air fryer! And without all the added oil, that too means without all the added extra calories and fat!
These air fryer breaded chicken drumsticks are everyone’s favorite comfort food! Not to mention, so quick, easy, and affordable to make! All you have to do is coat the drumsticks in egg and breadcrumbs, pop them into the air fryer to cook, and enjoy! It’s that simple!
So you can be easily making all your favorite sides while the chicken is air frying. I also like to serve mine with some dipping sauce too like a side of BBQ sauce or buffalo sauce. It’s so simple to whip up a quick dinner in just 30 minutes with this recipe for air fried breaded chicken legs!
How to Make Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Drumsticks
This easy recipe is really simple and requires no fancy ingredients. In fact, you likely already have more of them in your pantry. You will need:
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
To begin, spray your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. You can also brush it with vegetable oil if you prefer. This is done to prevent the chicken from sticking to the air fryer.
Then crack an egg into a shallow bowl and whisk it well. Now, pour some breadcrumbs onto a plate. You can use any type of breadcrumbs you like including panko.
Next, season the drumsticks on all sides with salt and pepper. I just used simple salt and pepper, but you can use any seasoning you like such as garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, or oregano. Be as creative as you like!
Now, dip a drumstick into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs coating it on all sides. Then place it into the air fryer basket. Repeat this process with the remaining drumsticks one at a time.
Can I Make Air Fryer Breaded Drumsticks Gluten-Free?
Yes! Just use your favorite gluten-free breadcrumbs and follows the directions as stated in the recipe.
How to Store Chicken
Leftover air fryer breaded chicken drumsticks will keep in the fridge for about 4 days in an airtight container. You can also freeze the legs for about 3 months when wrapped well in plastic or put them in a sealed freezer bag.
How to Reheat Chicken Drumsticks
To reheat, put the drumsticks in the microwave for about 3 minutes on medium power. You can also reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes. From frozen, let the legs thaw out a room temperature and then reheat.
What to Serve with Air Fried Breaded Chicken Drumsticks
These yummy chicken legs are fantastic for a weeknight dinner, potluck, or even kid’s lunches! And you can pair them with a number of sides. Here are some favorites that I like serving with breaded drumsticks.
- How To Saute Broccoli
- How To Make Frozen Curly Fries In The Air Fryer
- Mac N Cheese In The Instant Pot
- Steamed Spinach In The Instant Pot
- Baby Potatoes In The Air Fryer
More Easy Chicken Recipes
If you enjoyed this air fryer breaded chicken drumsticks recipe, be sure to check out some of my other air fryer chicken recipes. They are quick, easy, and always delicious!
- Air Fryer Frozen Stuffed Chicken Breast With Broccoli And Cheese
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
- Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
- Chicken Breasts In The Air Fryer
- Breaded Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks
- Nonstick Cooking Spray or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. You can also brush it with vegetable oil if you prefer.
- Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate.
- Season the chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper to taste on all sides. Then rub the seasonings into the chicken.
- Dip one chicken drumstick at a time into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Make sure to coat the entire drumstick in both the egg and the breadcrumbs. Then place the breaded chicken in the air fryer basket. Now, do the same for the remaining drumsticks.
- To cook, put the basket into the air fryer, set the temperature to 390°F, and set the timer for 25 minutes. Halfway through cooking, remove the basket and flip the drumsticks over. Then put the basket back into the air fryer and let the chicken finish cooking. Note, if after air frying for 25 minutes your drumsticks are still not fully cooked just put them back in the air fryer to cook for a few more minutes.
- When done, fully cooked chicken should have an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
- Now, remove the perfectly cooked chicken drumsticks from the air fryer to your serving dish and enjoy!
- Frozen Biscuits In The Air Fryer
- How To Make Dried Tortellini In The Instant Pot
- Bacon And Eggs In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bratwurst