This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Looking to add more greens to your diet? Try cooking spinach in the Instant Pot! Just put fresh spinach leaves in the Instant Pot and it will steam them to perfection!
Instant Pot Steamed Spinach
Instant Pot spinach is so delicious and you’ll love cooking it in the Instant Pot pressure cooker!
Steamed spinach is very easy to make, not to mention healthy and delicious, plus it makes a perfect keto low carb side dish! The Instant Pot is great for cooking spinach or other greens!
Serve alongside your favorite meal for an extra dose of vitamins and antioxidants!
Health Benefits of Spinach
Spinach is a member of the family of leafy greens that are very beneficial to your health!
Did you know that spinach is rich in potassium? Eating plants with potassium is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
Additionally, spinach contains lutein, an antioxidant which helps protect against eye diseases as you age.
Not to mention, spinach is rich in Vitamins A and K, which are essential for healthy bones and skin.
How to Prepare Steamed Spinach in the Instant Pot
You will only need a few ingredients for this recipe! You really only need spinach and water to make this, but I would suggest adding some seasoning too.
Here is what you need:
- 1 Cup water
- 8 oz. Spinach
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder or seasonings of choice
First you will pour the water into the Instant Pot. Next add in the spinach.
Then you will close the lid and set the valve to the Sealing position. Set the Instant Pot to cook on High Pressure for 0 minutes.
The reason you are setting it for 0 minutes is that the Instant Pot will be cooking the spinach as it comes up to pressure. This is just enough time for the spinach to be steamed without being overdone!
When the Instant Pot is ready, it will beep to let you know it’s finished and will stop cooking. Then you can quick release the pressure valve and wait for the pin to drop before opening.
Then use a colander to strain the spinach or scoop it onto a plate with a slotted spoon.
Next you will season the spinach to your liking using salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You could also add on any other spices you like!
What to Serve with Instant Pot Steamed Spinach
Steamed spinach makes a great side dish for lunch or dinner! But what should you serve with it? If you need some ideas, try out some of these recipes below for a delicious and filling meal! I recommend chicken or fish to pair with it.
- Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Baked Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Baked Whole Red Snapper Recipe
- Baked Salmon With Creamy Garlic Yogurt Dill Sauce
- Baked Lemon Garlic Butter Tilapia/White Fish
More Instant Pot Recipes
Do you love cooking in your Instant Pot as much as I do? You will be sure to enjoy these other veggie recipes using the Instant Pot.
Check out these easy recipes below:
- Instant Pot Steamed Sugar Snap Peas
- Cubed Sweet Potatoes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Frozen Vegetables
- Instant Pot Zucchini
- Instant Pot Artichokes Recipe
Instant Pot Steamed Spinach
- 1 Cup Water
- 8 Oz Spinach fresh
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder as desired
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Slotted spoon
- Add in the water.
- Place the fresh spinach in the Instant Pot
- Close the lid, seal the valve, and set the Instant Pot to High pressure for 0 minutes.
- When done, strain the spinach using a colander or slotted spoon.
- Transfer to plate and add seasonings of choice. I recommend salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- How To Cook Frozen Spinach In The Instant Pot
- How To Cook Broccoli In The Instant Pot
- How To Cook Cauliflower In The Instant Pot