Keto Shrimp Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These little cucumber cream cheese and shrimp bites are amazing! So simple and delicious! This is a perfect Keto appetizer!
Look at these cute little cucumber canapes! Spread with cream cheese and topped with shrimp, they are just begging to be eaten!
Pick up this cucumber slice and move this epic little creation in your mouth. Crunchy cucumber, creamy cream cheese and succulent shrimp – what a combo! How many are you going to eat?
Best of all, this stuff is very low in carbs! These shrimp cucumber cream cheese bites make a perfect keto appetizer! They look so impressive and yummy, they disappear from the party platter in minutes!
How To Make Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites With Shrimp
First, you need to start with the right cucumber. The best cucumber to make any type of cucumber canapes is the long seedless English cucumber. English cucumbers are firmer and less watery then regular ones and don’t have large seeds, which makes them a perfect choice for slices that hold up the cream cheese and shrimp toppings.
You also need the right shrimp. The best type of shrimp for this appetizer is cooked, peeled, deveined and tail-off. I’ve seen this appetizer made using shrimp with tails, but I think for bite-sized food people just want to put the whole thing in their mouth and not have to deal with the tail :) So my vote goes to tail-off shrimp for this one.
Take the cream cheese out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature. If you forgot to do it and need to make this appetizer in a hurry, cold cream cheese will still work but will be harder to spread then the room temperature one.
Defrost the shrimp in a refrigerator overnight, or you can quick-thaw it under cold running water (see how to defrost shrimp fast). Since the shrimp is already cooked, no further cooking is needed.
Slice the English cucumber into slices (no need to peel the cucumber) and put the slices on a serving plate. Blot cucumber slices with a paper towel on top to remove extra moisture.
Spread each cucumber slice with cream cheese.
Put shrimp on top of cream cheese.
Make-Ahead Cucumber Shrimp Canapes
Another amazing feature of these shrimp cucumber cream cheese bites is that they can be made ahead! A simple 3-ingredient keto appetizer that can be made in advance – what a find!
You can make this appetizer a day ahead. Simply assemble the cucumber shrimp canapes on a plate, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate. When ready to serve, just put the plate on the table and remove plastic wrap. Enjoy!
More Keto Appetizers
If you like these shrimp cucumber cream cheese bites, you will also love these easy keto appetizers:
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites: similar appetizer made with smoked salmon on top instead of shrimp!
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus: elegant asparagus wrapped in crispy bacon – so yummy and impressive!
- Bacon Cheddar Dip: everybody loves this dip! Perfect served with veggies slices or keto chips!
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail: authentic Mexican ceviche-style shrimp cocktail with avocado!
- Tomato Mozzarella Skewers: it’s like a Caprese salad on a stick!
BROWSE ALL MY KETO RECIPES HERE >>
Cucumber Cream Cheese Shrimp Appetizer
- 1 lb large cooked shrimp peeled and deveined, tail-off, thawed
- 1 long English cucumber
- 2 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- Slice the cucumber and put the slices on a large plate.
- Blot the cucumber slices on top with paper towel to remove extra moisture.
- Spread the cucumber slices with cream cheese.
- Top the cucumber slices with shrimp.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!