This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
If you are looking for a quick and easy side dish, these Instant Pot sugar snap peas are the perfect option! They are sweet and tender, with a simple blend of seasonings to make them stand out.
Instant Pot Sugar Snap Peas
These Instant Pot sugar snap peas are my favorite way of cooking these green veggies. I no longer make them any other way because this recipe is just that good!
If you don’t think that you like sugar peas, then you need to try this recipe for yourself. It just might change your mind or the mind of your picky eaters.
If you need a quick and healthy side dish to serve with the main course these peas are a great option. They are simple yet flavorful and require just a few minutes before they are ready to be served up.
I like to serve them with meals that are lacking in the vegetable department. Everyone loves these sugar peas, and even the kids will gobble them up.
This recipe is a very easy way of incorporating more veggies into your family’s diet in a really delicious and easy way!
How To Make Sugar Snap Peas In The Instant Pot
To make these snap peas start by putting them and the water into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to the seal position to seal the lid firmly.
Press either the “pressure cook’’ or ‘’manual’’ button to start the pot and set the time to zero minutes. By the time the pot has come to pressure, the peas will be perfectly cooked!
Once the peas have finished cooking, quickly release the steam from the pot.
Drain the water from the peas and put them into the serving dish that you wish to use.
Add the olive oil and seasonings and stir everything until combined.
Serve the sugar snap peas hot and enjoy!
- Don’t overcook the peas or they can become soggy.
- You can easily replace the olive oil with butter if you prefer. Olive oil is just a slightly healthier option.
- Make sure to serve this side dish right away because they get cold pretty fast if left out for too long.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Sugar Snap Peas
These Instant Pot sugar snap peas make a delicious and healthy side dish that goes well with just about anything!
Sometimes, I will even whip up a dish of these sugar peas as a quick and healthy snack in the afternoon!
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you enjoyed this tasty side dish recipe, you might like some of these similar Instant Pot recipes as well! Some of these recipes are ones that I make on a monthly and weekly basis:
- Instant Pot Sushi Rice
- Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup
- Sausage and Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Orange Marmalade
- Instant Pot Chickpeas
Instant Pot Sugar Snap Peas
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Add water and sugar snap peas to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to ZERO (0) minutes (the sugar snap peas will cook just enough while the Instant Pot is coming to pressure).
- When it's done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
- Drain the sugar snap peas and put in a serving dish. Drizzle sugar snap peas with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder, and toss to combine.