This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These Instant Pot Sausage and Potatoes are perfect when you need dinner on the table in a hurry! Ready to serve in just 20 minutes, this is such a delicious and hearty family meal made with just 2 main ingredients.
This recipe for pressure cooker sausage and potatoes is such a great go to after a busy day. The sausages are so perfectly juicy and the potatoes are wonderfully tender and full of flavor from all of those meat juices.
This dump and go recipe takes minutes to prep and the smell when you take off the lid of the Instant Pot is nothing short of heavenly!
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, high in protein and made with no added sugar.
If you love your Instant Pot as much as I love mine, be sure to check out my other pressure cooker recipes.
Ingredients to make this Instant Pot recipe
You only need a couple of basic ingredients for this easy weeknight meal:
- Sausages: I like to use Italian or Polish sausages
- Potatoes: I find Yukon Gold potatoes work really well in this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage And Potatoes
All you need to make this yummy dish is 5 minutes or prep, an Instant Pot and the cooking is totally hands off!
Simply peel and cut the potatoes and place them in the pressure cooker with the salt and pepper. Place the sausages on top, close the lid and cook on manual. Quick release and serve!
Dinner times have never been so easy!
This dish is delicious just as it is, but if you like you can add some dried herbs or chili flakes to the potatoes with the salt and pepper. Instead of water, you can use a vegetable, chicken or beef stock.
What do you serve with sausage and potatoes?
I like to serve this meal with with a side of steamed veggies that I can cook while the Instant Pot is doing it’s thing. This dinner is super versatile, so you can easily pair it with some of your favorite sides. Try it with:
- Air Fried Baby Carrots With Honey
- Easy Roasted Broccoli
- Mushrooms And Onions
- Simple Radish Greens Side Dish
Can you make sausage and potatoes ahead of time?
This dinner is best served as soon as it is ready so that the sausages are nice and juicy. You can of course keep it warm in the pot for an hour or so until you are ready to serve.
If you want to get ahead of things, you can peel and cut the potatoes a day or two ahead of time and keep them covered in a bowl of water in the fridge. Drain them and add them to the pot when you are ready to cook.
You can also refrigerate the leftovers and reheat them the next day in the microwave – check out my favorite containers for leftovers.
What’s the best kind of sausage to use?
I like to use Polish sausage (kielbasa) which has a coarse texture and a wonderful garlic flavor, or Italian sausage that is packed with herbs. Simple pork sausages or bratwurst will also both work well. Use nice thick sausages for the best tasting meal.
Why cook this recipe in an Instant Pot?
The fact that this dish is all made in one pot makes it a total winner for me. It is a true dump and go recipe! The sausages cook so much quicker than if you oven baked them and it’s a totally hands off method. The potatoes soak up all of the wonderful juices that are released from the sausages and the result is such a wonderfully flavored meal that the whole family will enjoy.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, be sure to check. out my Oven Baked Sausages And Potatoes.
More Easy Instant Pot Meals
- Keto Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Shrimp Fajitas
- Vegan Lentil Soup With Spinach
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
Instant Pot Sausage And Potatoes
- 1 lb Italian or Polish sausage
- 8 potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Put water and potatoes in the Instant Pot. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the potatoes. Put sausages on top of the potatoes.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 15 minutes High pressure.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
- Drain sausages and potatoes from excess water and add more salt and pepper to potatoes if needed.
- Air Fried Italian Sausage
- Cabbage And Sausage (Instant Pot Recipe)
- One Pot Cheesy Sausage Penne Pasta