This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This Instant Pot sausage and mushrooms is amazing! Just dump sausages and mushrooms in the Instant Pot and press the button, doesn’t get easier than that!
You can use fresh or frozen sausage and any type of sausage and mushrooms, so simple and delicious and healthy too!
Instant Pot Sausage with Mushrooms
This recipe makes a filling meal for a hungry family or a great way to meal prep for the week ahead when you are busy and won’t have time to cook dinner every night.
Use the Instant Pot to easily cook these sausages and mushrooms at the same time. You barely have to lift a finger and dinner will be cooked in no time at all.
You can use fresh or frozen sausages! And choose any variety you like, it can be Italian, Polish, or even Bratwurst. Whatever you’re in the mood for that day.
I used Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages for mine to keep it a little healthier!
I like to buy a package of sausages in advance and keep them in my freezer for easy meals when I don’t know what else to make!
This recipe serves about 4 people and only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
This recipe is great for anyone on the keto diet or eating low-carb! It is also gluten-free and paleo!
How to Cook Instant Pot Sausage with Mushrooms
For this recipe you won’t need very many ingredients at all!
Here is what you will need to cook this recipe:
- 1 lb sausage of choice
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
That’s it! And the only equipment you will need is your Instant Pot and a measuring cup for the water.
No chopping or cutting required!
Make sure your mushrooms are cleaned first if they are dirty.
One tip to cleaning mushrooms is to use a damp paper towel to gently brush off any visible dirt. Most mushrooms that are grown indoors are already free of pesticides and dirt so they might be clean enough as is.
Add water and mushrooms to the Instant Pot first. Then put the sausages on top of the mushrooms.
Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the Sealing position.
Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button and set the time to 15 minutes High pressure (if using frozen sausages, set the time to 20 minutes High pressure).
When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
Drain the sausage and mushrooms from water and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to plate for serving.
You can also add on other seasoning of your choice here, such as Italian seasoning! Yum!
- You can use fresh or frozen sausages for this recipe. If using frozen, increase the cook time by 5 minutes.
- If serving to children, cut open the sausage to let it cool slightly before serving.
- Add your own seasoning such as garlic powder, onion powder, and/or oregano for additional flavor!
What to Serve with Instant Pot Sausage and Mushrooms
You can serve this recipe as is since it is already quite filling! However, you might want to add on a side of greens or salad for a more balanced meal. You can keep it keto/low-carb by using one of these recipe suggestions!
- Parmesan Roasted Cabbage Wedges (Keto)
- Kale Salad Recipe With Raisins And Sunflower Seeds
- Sauteed Bean Sprouts Recipe
- Frozen Butternut Squash Cubes In The Air Fryer
- Carrot Apple Slaw With Radishes
More Instant Pot Recipes
Do you love using your Instant Pot to make easy and quick meals? Be sure to check out these other Instant Pot recipes from my site!
- Instant Pot Lentil Quinoa Soup
- Instant Pot Eye Of Round Roast Beef
- Instant Pot Sausage And Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chickpeas
- Instant Pot Mushroom Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Sausage And Mushrooms
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Add water and mushrooms to the Instant Pot. Put sausages on top of mushrooms.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 15 minutes High pressure (if using frozen sausages, set the time to 20 minutes High pressure).
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
- Drain sausage and mushrooms from water and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.