This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This carrot apple slaw with radishes is an amazingly sweet and flavorful slaw that goes well with everything. With 5 ingredients, it is one of my favorite slaw recipes since it is so easy to make and full of freshness!
Carrot Apple Slaw With Radishes
This carrot apple slaw is an amazing side dish if you want to add a fresh element to a meal. Or, simply want to add in more veggies.
It is light and refreshing while still packing plenty of flavors! The apple lends just enough sweetness to balance out the sour lime juice and spicy radishes creating a complex harmony of fresh flavors.
This is also a perfect summer slaw that you can take on picnics or to barbecues. It is a crowd-pleaser, and even some kids are brave enough to take a few bites!
Ingredients Needed to Make Carrot Apple Slaw
This light and fresh slaw only has a few ingredients in it, making it very easy to throw together before a meal. You will need:
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Salt and pepper
That’s it! This simple slaw recipe is very simple, which makes it easier for the flavors to shine through. It creates the perfect side to complement more complex dishes.
How To Make This Carrot Apple Slaw With Radishes
This very easy slaw recipe only takes a few simple steps, but it is totally worth it!
Start by shredding your apples, carrots, and radishes in a food processor with the shredding attachment.
Then, make a dressing out of the oil and lime juice and pour it over the shredded slaw. Don’t worry if the dressing doesn’t seem to be coming together. It will combine as it is mixed into the slaw.
Add salt and pepper to taste and toss the slaw to get everything evenly distributed.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Squeeze out any extra liquid from the produce after shredding them to keep everything nice and crisp.
- If you are making this slaw ahead of time, don’t mix the ingredients. Shred the produce and set it aside in the fridge. You can make the dressing separately as well and mix everything together just before serving.
What To Serve With Carrot Radish And Apple Slaw
This carrot apple slaw is a delightfully crunchy and fresh slaw that goes perfectly as a light side dish with other meals.
I love to add this to the dinner table when I have made a rather hearty dinner and want a vegetable side dish. I love to cook up a batch of buffalo chicken wings in the air fryer while I making a batch of this apple slaw.
Here are some other dishes that go amazing with this slaw:
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you liked this recipe for this refreshing and light slaw, you should try these other slaw and salad recipes! They are all very fresh and light, perfect for when you need a healthier side for a heavy meal.
- Broccoli Slaw Detox Salad
- Creamy Sweet Coleslaw
- Healthy Red Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Shrimp Egg Avocado Salad
Radish Carrot Apple Slaw
- 8 oz radishes
- 8 oz baby carrots or peeled regular carrots
- 2 apples cut into slices
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Shred the radishes, carrots and apples in a food processor fitted with the top shredding disk.
- Put shredded radishes, carrots and apples in a large bowl.
- In a cup, whisk together olive oil and lime juice to make a dressing.
- Pour dressing over the radish slaw and toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.