This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Make a meaty, cheesy entree with ease when preparing this air fryer frozen chicken cordon bleu. You can take a freezer meal to the next level using your air fryer to get it crispy and delicious.
What Is Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Chicken cordon bleu is a popular dish consisting of chicken breast stuffed with cheese and ham before getting breaded and fried. The melted cheese oozes out from the center of the chicken when you cut into it.
Each bite provides you with a satisfying taste. It is comfort food that many people love. If you have a freezer bag full of this type of chicken, follow the air fryer frozen chicken cordon bleu to make it with ease.
Why Cook Chicken Cordon Bleu in the Air Fryer?
There are several good reasons to prepare the air fryer frozen chicken cordon bleu, such as:
- You will eliminate the excess oil. Instead of using a large amount of cooking oil in a deep fryer, you can add cooking spray to your air fryer and prepare this chicken to get it crunchy and crispy.
- It does not take long to cook the chicken in the air fryer. If you want a fulfilling entree in less than 20 minutes, this is the ideal recipe.
- It is a mess-free, stress-free meal. You can make a flavorful dish for yourself and your loved ones without a hassle in the kitchen.
If you would like to make an easy yet delicious meal, pull out your freezer bag full of this chicken and get started! All you need is the chicken cordon bleu and a non-stick spray that you prefer to use.
Interesting Facts About Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken cordon bleu has a French name, but the dish was first created in Switzerland. Many people compare this dish to schnitzel because of its crispy breading, but the chicken cordon bleu contains extra ingredients (ham and cheese), while schnitzel consists of just thin-sliced pieces of chicken.
While commonly baked in an oven or fried in oil, you can prepare this air fryer frozen chicken cordon bleu to make your meal faster and healthier.
Depending on the size of the frozen chicken cordon bleu that you have, you may want to consider preparing one piece of chicken per person. These air fryer frozen chicken cordon bleu is the kind of meal that will leave you full and satisfied.
If you need to make a lot of chicken because you have a large family, consider cooking a few pieces of the chicken cordon bleu at a time. Do not overstuff your air fryer because some pieces might not come out crispy enough when there is not enough space inside the cooking appliance.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
Here are some easy air fryer side dish recipes that would go perfectly with chicken cordon bleu:
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1 package frozen chicken cordon bleu
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put frozen chicken cordon blue in the air fryer.
- Cook at 400F for 15 minutes, flipping the chicken to the other side halfway through the cooking time.