This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Get ready to make the most delicious chicken nuggets right at home! This recipe will show you how to make the best air fryer frozen chicken nuggets, just like the ones you would get at your favorite drive-thru.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
I don’t know about you, but every once in a while I just get that craving for a juicy, fried chicken nugget but I don’t always want to go out and buy it or make chicken nuggets from scratch.
While it might be quick and easy to toss a couple of frozen chicken nuggets into the microwave, I am really big on CRISPY. Like, I want to hear that crunch when I bite into it- not eat soggy chicken nuggets.
So, clearly, I turned to my trusty air fryer, and wow! These air fryer frozen chicken nuggets are amazing! Just trying to cook these frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer one time, and you will never make them in the microwave again.
They turned out perfect!
Don’t have an air fryer? That’s okay! Try this recipe for homemade healthy chicken nuggets with panko breading that is baked in the oven. It does require a bit more work to put together but they are just as good!
If you are on the market for an air fryer, click here for the model I recommend.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
Alright, all you need to do is follow these 3 steps and you end up with a plate of the best chicken nuggets!
Start out by spraying the inside of the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray. This is pretty important as sometimes the bread coating on the nuggets stuck the pan and you end up with bare chicken nuggets!
Layer some of the frozen chicken nuggets along the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Cook the frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
Serve and enjoy!
- I know it might be tempting to do this but try to avoid pouring the whole bag of frozen chicken nuggets into the air fryer basket. If you overcrowd the basket, the nuggets might not cook all the way through or get that nice crispy exterior we all love when it comes to fried chicken nuggets.
What To Serve With Air Fried Chicken Nuggets
What goes better with air fryer frozen chicken nuggets than a batch of hot and crispy french fries? Best of all, you can cook them in the air fryer right after the nuggets which means less clean up!
If you want the perfect dipping sauce, I highly recommend making some of this homemade BBQ sauce.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this recipe for air ‘fried’ chicken nuggets, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some other dinner recipes I love to make:
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- Mexican Shrimp Fajitas In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Eggplant Pizzas
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Peppers And Onions
- Zucchini And Mushrooms In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket.
- Cook frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer at 400F for 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.