This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Are you craving pizza for dinner but trying to watch your carb intake? Make some air fryer eggplant pizzas for dinner! It’s a meatless recipe that is keto, gluten-free, and you can make in minutes in your air fryer!
Air Fryer Eggplant Pizzas
These low-carb mini-pizzas are super decadent! Eggplant pizzas have the perfect texture and the perfect balance of spice with savory goodness.
I love slicing into the eggplant pizza and biting onto the crunch of the toasted and melted mozzarella cheese, followed by the bold sauce and the earthy eggplant. This combination melds together perfectly!
Even kids and family members that normally won’t touch eggplant will gladly dig into this recipe! The sauce and cheese are what really make it delicious.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that these little pizzas can be ready to eat in less than 20 minutes. Clean-up is a breeze because you are only using one thing for them – your air fryer! Click here for the air fryer model I recommend.
No air fryer? No problem! I have a recipe for eggplant pizza in the oven.
If you really aren’t into eggplants, take a look at this air fryer tortilla pizza recipe instead. It also has a great taste and takes just a few minutes from start to finish.
How To Make Air Fryer Eggplant Pizzas
Slice the eggplant into rounds that resemble mini-pizzas. The best size of eggplant is about 3/4-inch thick. You need to make them thick enough that they don’t burn as they cook in the air fryer.
Season the eggplant slices and cook them in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
I like to use olive oil, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning but you can also sprinkle them with some garlic powder if you like!
After the eggplants are cooked the first time, add the tomato sauce and your preferred cheese on top of the eggplant and bake again in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 4 minutes.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Use non-stick cooking spray. Spraying the inside of your air fryer is critical if you want to save yourself clean-up time afterward. The eggplant has a tendency to stick to the basket and this will help them come out easier.
- Season the eggplant before you fry it. Air-frying will draw moisture out of the eggplant and the seasoning won’t stay in the vegetable if you wait until after you air fry it.
- Check on the eggplant. Avoid overcooking the eggplants when you fry them for the first time. My cooking time says 4 minutes for the first round of air-frying. If your air fryer doesn’t have a digital timer, check on the eggplant to make sure it doesn’t burn.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Eggplant Pizzas
Serve these little pizzas with a chopped salad for a complete meal. This parmesan pea salad has lots of flavors that would taste absolutely perfect with these mini pizzas. If you are on the keto diet, this keto cauliflower “potato” salad will keep you within your macros.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this air fryer eggplant pizza recipe, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some of my go-to’s:
- Roasted Cabbage Wedges In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frittata Omelet
- BBQ Chicken Legs In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Bacon In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Eggplant Pizza
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Slice the eggplant into 4 rounds (about 3/4 inch thick).
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put the eggplant slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook eggplant slices in the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce over cooked eggplant slices and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cook the eggplant pizzas in air fryer at 400F for 4 minutes.