This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Air fryer eggplant parmesan is a delicious and easy recipe that you can make in pinch for a healthy dinner! This eggplant recipe is baked, not actually fried, and will be ready to eat in just 25 minutes. Serve it with spaghetti or your favorite pasta dish for a complete dinner meal!
Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
I’m a big fan of chicken parmesan– it’s one of my favorite go-to Italian dinners! It’s easy to make and everyone loves to eat. It’s a no-brainer.
But lately, I have been trying to find ways to incorporate more veggies into my family’s meals without them really noticing. That’s why I decided to modify this Italian dish into a vegetarian one by subbing out the chicken for eggplant!
Air fried eggplant parmesan is a delicious and healthier way to enjoy this Italian classic. Air frying allows you to get an even crispier crust on your eggplant without the need of deep-frying it which can often result in soggy, oily food.
This easy recipe is perfect for those who want to cut back on their meat intake and trying to incorporate more veggies!
I mean- what’s not to love about crispy breaded eggplant with sweet marinara sauce and gooey melted cheese?
Don’t own an air fryer? That’s okay! Trying baking this healthy eggplant parmesan in the oven.
How To Cook Easy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking anything, make sure you properly clean the eggplant. To do so, run the eggplant under cold water and dry it off. You want to make sure the skin is clean before eating the eggplant.
Slice the eggplant into even slices and dip each one in egg on both sides. Then, dip the slices into the seasoned breadcrumbs on both sides, pressing down to make sure the eggplant is evenly coated with the breadcrumbs.
Place the breaded eggplant slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer and season them.
Cook the eggplant in the air fryer at 390F for 13 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time.
After they are done cooking, spread marinara sauce on top of each eggplant slice and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Put the basket back in the air fryer and cook at 390F for 4 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!
- To make this eggplant parmesan recipe low carb and keto-friendly, swap out the breadcrumbs for crushed pork rinds or almond flour.
- Make sure to not overcrowd the basket because the eggplant won’t crisp up and you’ll be left with a soggy dinner.
What To Serve With Homemade Eggplant Parmesan
Don’t forget the garlic bread!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this recipe for air ‘fried’ eggplant parmesan, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some other recipes I love to make:
- Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Seafood Medley
- Portobello Pizza In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Breaded Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put bread crumbs and parmesan cheese on a plate and mix until combined.
- Crack the egg in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Dip each eggplant slice in egg on both sides, then in the breadcrumb mixture on both sides, pressing down to make sure the eggplant is evenly coated with breadcrumb mixture.
- Put breaded eggplant slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Sprinkle the eggplant with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook eggplant slices in the air fryer at 390F for 13 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time.
- After it's done cooking, take out the air fryer basket and spread tomato sauce on top of each eggplant slice and sprinkle the eggplant with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Put the basket back in the air fryer and cook at 390F for 4 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant parmesan from the air fryer with a spatula and serve.