This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Leave that bag of frozen tenders at the grocery store! Use this recipe to make your own breaded chicken tenders in the air fryer using fresh chicken tenders! With just 6 simple ingredients, you can have crispy chicken tenders ready for a quick weeknight dinner your kids will love.
Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Tenders
These air fryer breaded chicken tenders are amazing! My kids are obsessed with them and I love to make a huge batch at a time so I can leave them meal prepped in the freezer for those lunches and dinner times where I just don’t have time to whip up something fancy.
How To Make Breaded Chicken Tenderloins In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking anything, make sure you spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray so that the chicken tenderloins don’t stick.
Season the chicken tenders with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides. If you want to give this recipe a little bit of a kick, add a dash of cayenne pepper.
Crack and whisk an egg in a bowl and pour the bread crumbs onto a separate plate.
Dip the seasoned chicken tenderloins into the whisked egg first on both sides. Then, dip it into the bread crumbs on both sides.
Place the breaded chicken tenders in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Cook in the air fryer at 400F for 12 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
Serve and enjoy!
- Try to make sure you don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket so the chicken tenderloins cook evenly and get crispy.
- Keep an eye on the chicken the last 5 minutes of cooking and double-check that the chicken tenders are not overcooked. That way you can avoid eating a dry piece of chicken!
- To make this chicken tenderloin recipe keto or low-carb friendly, consider swapping out the breadcrumbs for some keto breadcrumbs or crushed pork rinds. Almond flour works too!
Dipping Sauces To Serve With Air Fried Chicken Tenderloins
What are chicken tenders without a dipping sauce? Here are some of my go-to sauces to serve with the chicken:
- Instant Pot Barbeque Sauce
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Homemade Sweet And Spicy Sauce
- Honey Mustard
- Hot Sauce
What To Serve With Breaded Chicken Tenders
Along with the dipping sauces mentioned above, I love to make a batch of crispy sweet potato fries in the air fryer to serve with these breaded chicken tenders.
When I am craving a dinner meal that screams comfort, I will go full out and whip up some of my favorite creamy mashed potatoes and make some delicious gravy in the Instant Pot to pour over the potatoes. I’ll also save some gravy on the side so I can dip the breaded chicken tenderloins!
To keep this dinner recipe on the healthier side, try making some of these frozen vegetables in the Instant Pot and season them with some salt and garlic powder.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this recipe for air ‘fried’ breaded chicken tenders, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some other recipes I love to make:
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops
- Chicken Fajitas In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Tenderloins
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken tenders with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl. Put bread crumbs on a plate.
- Dip chicken tenders in egg on both sides, then in bread crumbs on both sides.
- Put breaded chicken tenders in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook breaded chicken tenders in the air fryer at 400F for 12 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.