This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These air fryer sweet potato fries are so yummy! They are completely made from scratch and taste amazing. Cooking these sweet potato fries in the air fryer gives them a nice crispiness on the outside, just like when you cook them in a deep fryer, but without all the oil!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
As much as I love regular french fries, I have to say sweet potato fries are in the running for my favorite kind of fry. I just love how they have that hint of sweetness that you can’t really get from a regular Idaho potato.
Besides having some amazing natural flavors, sweet potatoes are a great healthy alternative to white potatoes because they are packed with more fiber and are nutrients including Vitamin A.
If you haven’t tried these sweet potato fries, they are a must!
If you don’t yet own an air fryer, click here for the model I recommend. I use my air fryer several times per week and can’t imagine not having it!
Sweet potatoes not on your favorite veggies list? That’s okay! Here are a couple of other different fry recipes you can try in your air fryer or oven:
- Oven-Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Roasted Acorn Squash Fries
- Keto Zucchini Fries With NO Breading
- Baked Delicata Squash Fries
How To Make Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer
Now, let’s talk about how to make these yummy fries! First, give them a good wash. Before you start cutting into the sweet potato, make sure to scrub the skin thoroughly and pat them dry.
After you have finished cleaning and prepping, peel the sweet potato, and cut into the shape of fries. To do this, I usually cut it into thin rounds, then cut each round into thin strips. Whichever way you decide to cut the potato, make sure to make all the pieces as even as possible so they all cook evenly.
Place the raw sweet potato fries into a bowl, pour olive oil over them and toss with your hands until the fries are evenly coated with oil.
Add the sweet potato fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure to not overcrowd the basket so the fries cook all the way through.
Cook the fries at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Check the fries after the 15 minutes are up to see if they are ready. If not, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Add the sweet potato fries onto a serving plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
What To Serve With Sweet Potato Fries
These crispy sweet potato fries are especially delicious with a nice juicy hamburger cooked in the air fryer!
I also love to serve these sweet potato fries with:
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this sweet potato fries recipe, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some of my current veggie go-to’s:
- Roasted Mushrooms In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Crispy Roasted Asparagus
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Corn In The Cob In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries From Scratch
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into the shape of fries (I first cut it into thin rounds, then cut each round into thin strips).
- Put raw sweet potato fries in a bowl, pour olive oil over them and toss with your hands until fries are coated with oil.
- Put the sweet potato fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 400F for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Check the fries for doneness, if they are not ready cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Put sweet potato fries on a serving plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.