This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
If you love eating sweet potatoes, you are going to love this quick and easy recipe! These baked sweet potatoes in the air fryer leave you with crispy skin on the outside and tender sweet potato on the inside. Top it off with a little bit of butter and enjoy!
Baked Sweet Potatoes In The Air Fryer
These air fryer baked sweet potatoes are so delicious! I was surprised at how much I loved baking these sweet potatoes in the air fryer.
Even though I have made roasted sweet potato pieces in the air fryer in the past, I wasn’t quite sure how baking a whole sweet potato in the air fryer would turn out. I’m here to report that it was super easy and they turned out perfect!
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can cook them in your instant pot or you can bake them in your oven! Don’t really like sweet potatoes? That’s okay! Easily swap them out for a regular air fryer baked potato instead. If you are on the market for an air fryer, click here for the model I recommend.
How To Air Fry Baked Sweet Potatoes
Before you start cooking the potatoes, make sure to wash them really well and dry them off with paper towels.
Next, rub the sweet potatoes with olive oil. Prick each one 2 times with a fork. This will make holes that will allow steam to escape, so the sweet potatoes don’t explode.
Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket. Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- For medium-sized sweet potatoes, it takes about 40 minutes to cook through. If the sweet potatoes are large, add 10 more minutes.
Toppings To Add To A Baked Sweet Potato
As far as topping go, I usually like to stick with butter, salt, and pepper, but there are various ways you can customize your sweet potato.
Many people (especially around Thanksgiving) LOVE to add a bit of butter with a dash of cinnamon and brown sugar then top them off with a few marshmallows! It’s actually very delicious! I make this one a few times a year, but I usually convert it into a sweet potato casserole.
If you are looking for a mix of sweet and savory, take a look at this recipe for stuffed sweet potatoes with broccoli, cranberries, and walnuts.
What To Serve With Baked Sweet Potatoes
You can go about this two different ways:
- You can serve the baked sweet potato as a side dish with pan-fried chicken and air-fried corn on the cob.
- Serve it as the main dish! There are so many recipes for stuffed potatoes that are yummy and filling at the same time. I love to stuff my sweet potato with some shredded chicken, air-fried broccoli, and a drizzle of my homemade buffalo sauce.
These baked sweet potatoes in the air fryer are absolutely scrumptious either way!
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this tender air fryer sweet potato, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some of my favorite dishes:
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Corn On The Cob In The Air Fryer
- Frozen Shrimp In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Roasted Cornish Hens In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Wash the sweet potatoes and dry them with paper towels.
- Rub sweet potatoes with olive oil. Prick each sweet potato 2 times with a fork (to make holes to allow steam to escape, so sweet potatoes don't explode).
- Put sweet potatoes in the air fryer basket. Cook in the air fryer at 400F for 40 minutes.