This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These air fryer roasted potatoes are a super delicious side dish that works well with so many recipes. They require minimal prep and are perfectly crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. Perfect potatoes every single time!
These air fryer potatoes come out perfectly golden brown all over and they require so little prep!
Each potato is deliciously crunchy and the middle is light and fluffy. These are truly restaurant quality roast potatoes and I just know you are going to make them time and time again!
These potatoes are a great vegan side dish that are low in fat and sodium. You can even make them ahead of time and quickly reheat them. Perfect for quick and easy weeknight meals or big family celebrations!
Ingredients You Will Need
You just need three ingredients to make these yummy potatoes!
How To Make Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
It is so quick and easy to make these, and they require hardly any prep time. They’re quick enough to serve as part of an easy weeknight meal and fancy enough to serve to guests!
Simply prep the potatoes by peeling and cutting into chunks, toss them in oil and then they go right in the air fryer. That’s it! I like to sprinkle over a little salt and pepper to serve them (check out these salt and pepper grinders – they are great!).
I love how hands off this method is, and they come out perfect every time!
What are the best potatoes for roasting?
I like to use yellow and white potatoes like Yukon Gold or Russets, I find that they get the crispiest skins and the fluffiest centers. It’s best to avoid waxy potatoes like fingerlings and red skinned. They have a low starch content so don’t get as crispy.
Do you have to peel the potatoes?
If you are using smaller potatoes that have thin skins, there’s no need to peel them (see roasted potatoes with skins recipe). Just give them a good wash, chop them into chunks and they are good to go! If your potatoes are larger then it’s best to peel them. I love this vegetable peeler for peeling the potatoes!
Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket!
To get the crispiest roast potatoes, they should be placed in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook them in two batches if you need to.
What do you serve with roasted potatoes?
Air fryer roasted potatoes are so versatile and are easily paired with lots of main courses. They’re great with all kinds of meat, chicken, fish and veggie dishes. I also like to top them with lashings of gravy! Try serving them with:
- Roasted Bone-In Chicken Breast – This roasted bone-in skin-on chicken breasts recipe is so juicy and satisfying you’ll be in love from the first bite!
- Cajun Blackened Salmon Recipe – This delicious spicy salmon is rubbed with a homemade spice mixed, then pan-fried in butter for blackened perfection!
- Filet Mignon Steak – This foolproof filet mignon steak recipe will allow you to enjoy filet mignon at home at a fraction of a price of a steakhouse meal!
- Vegetarian Eggplant Lasagna – An easy and yummy meatless main dish! Low carb and packed full of veggies.
Why roast potatoes in the air fryer?
My air fryer has made so many dishes perfectly effortless to make, and these roasted potatoes are one of them! It helps me to free up room in the oven and I don’t have to check them and keep basting them in the oil. You only need 1 tablespoon of oil for these potatoes, and they come out just as crispy as if they were deep fried!
Can you make roasted potatoes ahead of time?
Just when you thought this recipe couldn’t get any better, you can even make these ahead of time, perfect if you plan to serve them as part of a big feast like Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Cook the potatoes as per the recipe and let them cool to room temperature. Store them in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days (I love using these storage containers for leftovers). To reheat them, preheat the air fryer to 350F and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes. They will get wonderfully crispy again and taste like you’ve just cooked them!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you love your air fryer as much as I love mine, you have to try these other recipes!
- Whole Spaghetti Squash in the Air Fryer
- Easy Cornish Hens
- Roasted Asparagus (Air Fried)
- Air Fried Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- 1 lb potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1-inch pieces. (If the potatoes have thin skins, such as smaller white or yellow potatoes, you can leave skins on and cook potatoes with skins).
- Put the potato pieces in a bowl and toss with olive oil, so all the potatoes are coated with oil.
- Put potatoes in the air fryer basket. Cook in the air fryer at 400F for 30 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Sprinkle roasted potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.