Two roasted chickens with potatoes make an awesome dinner for a crowd! Two chickens in one oven at the same time, and just one pan to wash!
If you ever wondered how to roast two chicken in the oven at the same time without messing up the timing, you have now found the right recipe! This one is not just for the chickens – after all, who wants to worry about a side dish? It is the main dish and the side dish all in one – two whole roast chickens and a large amount of potatoes bake together at the same time in one oven! The whole dinner is covered! You can feed a crowd with virtually no effort, this dinner just cooks itself!
This double roasted chicken recipe is so easy, anyone can throw it together! All you need to do is put a layer of potato pieces in a huge roasting dish, then put 2 chickens on top of the potatoes, put onion and lemon pieces inside the chickens, sprinkle everything with salt and pepper, slather the chickens with mayo and all the prep is done! Put everything in the oven at 425F and forget about it for an hour and a half. Then smell the chicken and potatoes roasting and drool!
Only one pan is used to make the whole meal! Have you ever heard of making dinner for 8 to 10 people and only having to wash one dish? Yes! The less stuff to wash, the better! And you can line the roasting pan with foil for even easier cleanup!
This dinner of two roasted chickens with potatoes is also great for your budget! This whole meal costs around $15, which is less than $2 per serving! If you don’t entertain much because of the cost, use this recipe and feed a crowd without breaking your budget! You don’t have to spend a lot of money to have amazing food :)
How To Roast Two Chickens With Potatoes At The Same Time
Step 1: Put a layer of potatoes in a large greased roasting pan
Step 2: Put 2 whole chickens on top
Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper and stuff the chickens with onion and lemon pieces.
Step 3: Spread mayo all over the chickens
Step 4: Bake at 425F for 1 1/2 hours
- 2 whole chickens
- 10 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Grease a large non-stick roasting pan (that will fit 2 chickens) or spray it with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put the potatoes in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Rub the chickens all over with salt and pepper.
- Put the onion and lemon pieces inside the chicken cavity.
- Put the two chickens on top of the potatoes.
- Slather the mayo all over the chickens.
- Put the chickens and potatoes in the oven and bake for 1½ hours.