This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These incredibly tasty Ranch Roasted Potatoes are the key to potato perfection! Made with just 3 ingredients, they are crispy, golden brown, and bursting with the tangy herby goodness of ranch! This quick and easy side dish is sure to have you reaching for seconds!
Ranch Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Friends, let me introduce you to a secret ingredient that will elevate your potato game with almost no effort involved! I’m talking about powdered ranch seasoning! It transforms ordinary bland potatoes into flavor packed ranch roasted potatoes with just a little sprinkling!
That’s right! You can add all the addictively good flavor of iconic ranch salad dressing to roasted potatoes with some powdered ranch seasoning! It’s packed with a flavorful blend of dried herbs like dill, parsley, and chives along with just the right touch of garlic, onion, and tang! I’m telling you! This magical mixture of seasoning makes these ranch roasted potatoes irresistibly good!
Better yet! This easy ranch roasted potatoes recipe only requires three ingredients and less than an hour of your time!
How To Make Ranch Roasted Potatoes
You only need 3 simple ingredients to make this recipe!
- Medium Potatoes: I used red potatoes, but any type of potatoes can be used including Yukon Gold and russets. You can also peel your potatoes if you prefer.
- Olive Oil: The olive oil adds a touch of flavor and helps to make them crispy! Vegetable oil will also do the trick.
- Ranch Seasoning: The star of the show! You can find powdered dry ranch seasoning sold in a shaker or in packets in almost any grocery store.
To make the potatoes, first preheat your oven to 425℉. Then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper to ensure that the potatoes don’t stick to the pan.
Now, give your potatoes a good wash and peel them if you like. Then cut them into large uniform size chunks and put them in a large bowl. They should all roughly be about the same size for even cooking.
Next, drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over the potatoes and toss them until they are all coated with the oil. Then sprinkle them with a tablespoon of ranch seasoning and give them another toss. You want every surface to be coated with the yummy ranch.
Once the potatoes are seasoned, arrange them on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer making sure they have some space between them to brown evenly. Then slide the baking sheet into the preheated oven and let the potatoes roast for about 45 minutes. Keep an eye on them as cooking times may vary slightly. When done, they will be golden brown and can be easily pierced with a fork.
Now, serve your ranch seasoned oven roasted potatoes and enjoy! Your taste buds are in for a real treat!
- Try to make all the potato chunks about the same size for even cooking. This prevents some pieces from becoming overly done and others from being underdone.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. Use 2 baking sheets if all the potatoes will not comfortably fit on just one pan.
- Use extra ranch seasoning! You can add as much or as little as you like. One tablespoon is just a starting point for 2 to 3 pounds of potatoes.
- Flip the potatoes over halfway through the cooking time for even browning. This ensures that all sides of the potatoes are evenly exposed to the heat.
- Garnish the ranch potatoes with fresh herbs right before serving for a fresh herby finish and a burst of color.
What To Serve With Ranch Roasted Potatoes
Ranch roasted potatoes are a versatile side dish that pairs well with a wide range of main dishes, which makes them an excellent addition to almost any meal! Whether you’re craving a juicy Air Fried T-Bone Steak, tender Roasted Chicken Breast, or a flavorful Baked Salmon, these herby potatoes are the perfect accompaniment.
You can also serve these crispy ranch potatoes alongside all your BBQ favorites like Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs and Air Fried BBQ Chicken Legs. This dish even pairs well with Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets!
Leftover ranch roasted potatoes will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container or sealed bag. You can also freeze the potatoes for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply thaw the potatoes in the refrigerator overnight and reheat them in the oven to restore their crispiness. However, keep in mind that freezing may slightly alter the texture of the potatoes.
More Easy Potato Recipes
If you loved this ranch roasted potatoes recipe, I highly recommend trying some of my other quick and easy potato recipes. Here are a few of my family’s favorites that you won’t want to miss!
- Air Fried Baked Potatoes
- Greek Style Lemon Potatoes
- Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
- Mashed Potatoes In The Instant Pot
- Air Fried Roasted Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potatoes In The Instant Pot
Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- 2.5 lbs Medium Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ranch Seasoning
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. Then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the potatoes and peel them if you like. Then cut the potatoes into big chunks that are all about the same size and put them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes and then toss them until they are coated.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the ranch seasoning. Then toss them once more making sure that every surface of the potatoes is covered with seasoning.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Then put them in the oven to bake for 45 minutes. When ready, they should be golden brown and fork tender.