This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Roasted sweet potatoes is an outstanding side dish. Even people who don’t like sweet potatoes usually change their minds after trying roasted sweet potatoes. Roasted sweet potatoes taste so different from mashed sweet potatoes or baked sweet potatoes, that it almost seems like it’s a totally different vegetable!
Roasting bring out unique savory notes in sweet potatoes. If I can call mashed sweet potatoes “sweet” (and even add brown sugar or maple syrup to them to bring out even more sweetness), roasted sweet potatoes are not sweet… they are savory. That’s why roasted sweet potatoes need a good sprinkling of salt and pepper – salt and pepper make them taste even more complete.
My favorite way of serving roasted sweet potatoes is as a side dish with sliced turkey breast and cranberry sauce. Roasted sweet potatoes also go really well with chicken breast. And of course, you can have them as a side dish with any kind of meat or fish.
As a great bonus, sweet potatoes are much healthier than regular white potatoes. If you are looking for a new healthy and tasty side dish, make the roasted sweet potatoes today!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut the sweet potatoes into chunks (approximately 1 1/2 inches in size).
- Put the sweet potato chunks into a bowl and pour oil over them. Toss the potatoes pieces with your hands so they are covered with oil.
- Put the potatoes pieces on the baking sheet. Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.