This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
I don’t know about you but I have a serious obsession with peppers and onions, especially cooked in the air fryer! They just taste so amazing! This is one of my favorite ways to cook these two veggies, especially when I am on a time crunch for dinner. If you are looking for a low carb or gluten-free veggie recipe, this is it!
Air Fryer Peppers And Onions
Whenever I go grocery shopping, I always have a tendency to overbuy peppers and onions. I just use them in so many recipes, I sometimes end up with too much. Which, if I’m being honest, really isn’t a problem. It just means I will have to cook them in batches and use them in multiple recipes.
That’s why I love cooking it in the air fryer! So quick and simple!
By the way, don’t have an air fryer? No problem! You can also make this recipe in a frying pan – check out stovetop peppers and onions.
I highly recommend this air fryer model right here. I use my air fryer all the time (even daily)!
How To Cook Peppers And Onions In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking these veggies, remember to make sure to scrub and wash the skin of the peppers first. After you have prepped the bell peppers, cut them in half, and remove the stems and seeds.
Then, slice the bell peppers into strips. I like to cut them about 1/2 inch thick so that they cook evenly through and still have a bite to them.
After you have cut up the bell peppers, peel and slice the onions diagonally to make them the same shape and size as the bell peppers.
Add the pepper and onion slices to a bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. Sprinkle some of the taco seasonings over the top and toss the veggies with your hands until the peppers and onions are evenly coated with the olive oil and seasonings.
Pour all of the veggies into the air fryer basket.
Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 13 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you are looking to make this recipe extra yummy, I highly recommend making my homemade taco seasoning. It’s way better than anything you’ll find in a packet or shaker- not to toot my own horn!
- I like to swap out the taco seasoning for some Italian seasonings or some of my homemade cajun seasoning spice mix!
- You can also easily add in green bell peppers or add red onions for a tangier flavor profile.
What To Serve With Peppers And Onions
These peppers and onions are so versatile, you can serve them with so many different meals.
If you decide to go the Italian route, then cook up some Italian sausages in the air fryer to make some delicious sausage, peppers, and onions hoagies!
Looking for a meal with fewer carbs? You can also add the roasted peppers and onions to make a delicious healthy salad! I tend to do this when I just want something lighter for dinner.
You won’t regret making any of these dinner recipes with your air fried peppers and onions!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this air fryer recipe for seasoned peppers and onions, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some of my current veggie go-to’s:
- Roasted Mushrooms In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Crispy Roasted Asparagus
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Corn In The Cob In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Peppers And Onions
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove the stems and seeds. Slice bell peppers into strips.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Put pepper and onion slices in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Taco seasoning. Toss with your hands until peppers and onions are evenly coated with oil and seasonings.
- Put peppers and onions in the air fryer basket. Cook in the air fryer at 400F for 13 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.