This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These air fryer Italian sausages are crispy and juicy all at the same time! Every time you take a bite, you get a burst of flavor filled with Italian herbs and meaty sausage. So good!
Air Fryer Italian Sausage
As soon as those air fryer sausages were done cooking, I went straight to grab one for a “test bite”… which turned into eating the whole sausage link. They’re that delicious!
If you are wanting to mix things up, there are a few different kinds of sausages to choose from. You can go with sweet Italian sausage which tastes great with peppers. If you tend to lean towards spicier foods, you can go with spicy Italian sausages which gives you that little kick in the throat you might be looking for.
They are both scrumptious- it really just comes down to what flavor profile you are wanting.
If you don’t have an air fryer, there are other ways to cook Italian sausage! Before I got my air fryer, I heavily relied on my oven to cook my meals.
To make things easier and to have dinner ready in under 30 minutes, I would make these baked Italian sausages to add to some pasta and a side of roasted broccoli. To minimize my cleanup process, I would cook everything on one pan!
If you are wanting a softer bite and not looking for the crispiness, you should try to cook some Italian sausages in the instant pot in just under 15 minutes.
Even so, I think this ‘fried’ method still takes the cake!
How To Air Fry Italian Sausage
This has to be one of the easiest and simplest air fryer recipes I have ever made!
Take the Italian sausages and place them at the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure to not overcrowd the basket.
Cook the sausage at 400F for 15 minutes, turning the sausages over halfway through the cooking time.
- Sausages tend to have a lot of excess grease, so I highly recommend laying down a sheet of parchment paper at the bottom of the air fryer basket to help catch some of it as it cooks.
- Even if the Italian sausages seemed to have been cooked all the way, check the internal temperature of the sausages with a meat thermometer. Make sure it reads 160 degrees! If not, stick it back in the air fryer for a few minutes until you get to the correct internal temperature.
What To Serve With Italian Sausage
One of my favorite ways to eat Italian sausages is to put them in a hoagie and top it off with some roasted red peppers and onions.
If you are trying to keep to a low carb diet, you can omit the hoagie bun and simply serve the sausage and peppers on its own. It’ll still taste good, promise!
Here are a few more recipes you can make and serve with the Italian sausage:
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this deliciously ‘fried’ Italian sausage recipe, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
Here are my top 3 air fryer recipes that are on my current meal plan:
Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- 1 lb Italian sausage
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put Italian sausages in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook the sausage at 400F for 15 minutes, turning the sausages over halfway through the cooking time.
- Instant Pot Sausage Cabbage And Potatoes
- Honey Apricot Glazed Sausage Appetizer
- Air Fryer Cornish Hens