This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This yummy pasta recipe is so delicious and easy to make – you can use it for a weeknight dinner! I often use packaged Polish sausage in quick pasta recipes and stir fries because it is so easy to use. Packaged sausage is already cooked, so all you need to do is chop it and heat it up on a frying pan. Not having to deal with raw meat is so pleasant and is a great time saver!
In this simple recipe, farfalle (bow-tie) pasta is mixed with cooked sausage, mushrooms, zucchini and tomato sauce. This makes such a hearty and tasty dinner!
Bow-Tie Pasta Recipe With Sausage, Mushrooms and Zucchini
- 1 lb bow-tie pasta
- 1 lb packaged Polish sausage
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 zucchinis, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and zucchini to the frying pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the sausage to the mushrooms and zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to the sausage mixture and stir for 30 seconds. Add the tomato sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain cooked pasta and return to pot. Add the sausage mixture to the pasta and mix until everything is combined.
Enjoy this simple and tasty sausage pasta dish! You can make this recipe even healthier by using low-fat turkey sausage. And since there is no cheese in this recipe, with the lowfat sausage it will be fairly low in calories! Also check out another pasta recipe with sausage and ricotta – really easy and tasty too!