Perfect dish for all pasta lovers – fresh ingredients combined with pasta is simply yum!
This yummy pasta recipe is so comforting! It has a perfect ingredient medley: fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, creamy ricotta cheese, minced garlic, olive oil and addictive Parmesan cheese!
All these tasty fresh goodies are tossed into a piping hot pasta and everyone can dig in! Everybody loves this pasta recipe with cherry tomatoes and ricotta cheese – it’s a proven winner!
Best of all, this delicious pasta recipe is very easy and quick to make – it tastes less than 20 minutes to make from start to finish, so it’s perfect for busy nights! You can make a lot of this pasta at once, since it reheats very well and you can enjoy it again for the next day’s lunch or dinner.
This pasta recipe with cherry tomatoes and ricotta has no meat, so it’s a perfect vegetarian main dish. You won’t miss the meat – this pasta recipe is very filling! If you’d like to reduce the fat, use less olive oil and part-skim ricotta cheese – it will still taste great!
- 1 lb pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 bunch (1/2 cup) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, use this time to prepare other ingredients (cut the tomatoes, mince the garlic, chop the basil).
- When the pasta finishes cooking, drain it, and then immediately put it back into the hot pot that you used to cook it.
- Add all other ingredients to the pasta, and turn on the burner to medium heat.
- Mix everything thoroughly (you can use 2 forks to work the ricotta into the pasta).
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring every 1 minute, then remove the pasta from heat and serve.
- When you put the pasta on a plate, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top.
Enjoy this yummy pasta with cherry tomatoes and ricotta cheese – it’s really delicious! For other great pasta recipes, check out pasta with pesto, pasta with alfredo sauce and baked pasta shells casserole – all easy to make and very tasty!