This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Pasta with pesto is very easy to make. All you need to do is boil the pasta according to package directions, and while the pasta is boiling, make the pesto!
Making the pesto is very easy and doesn’t require any cooking. Pesto is made in a food processor – just put all ingredients in a food processor, press the button and everything will be chopped together to make a green pesto.
Pesto is full of vitamins and anti-oxidants because of all the healthy ingredients that go into it. Classic basil pesto is made out the following ingredients: basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, olive oil and pine nuts. If you are concerned about the calories in a pesto, just use less pesto in your pasta – a little pesto goes a long way!
Once the pasta finishes cooking, drain it and toss it with the pesto. Pasta with classic basil pesto is a yummy vegetarian dinner that takes less than 15 minutes to make from start to finish!
If you are looking for more vegetarian pasta recipes, check out my easy vegetarian pasta alfredo recipe.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 lb pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Put all pesto ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until the pesto is smooth.
- Drain cooked pasta, then put back in a pot, add the pesto and toss pasta with pesto until combined.