This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Calling all pesto lovers! This recipe for Keto Cheesy Chicken Pesto Casserole is so flavorful and satisfying, it will knock your socks off!
No more dry and flavorless chicken! This recipe is one to get excited about! Are you beyond bored with the same old keto chicken recipes over and over? Tired of another flavorless and dry night of chicken? With this recipe for Keto Cheesy Chicken Pesto Casserole you can say goodbye to boring and meet your newest obsession. And with this recipe you will love chicken dinner again!
This easy chicken casserole is made with just 4 ingredients – chicken breast, pesto, fresh tomato and mozzarella cheese! So simple and tastes amazing! You can use jarred pesto or make it yourself by using my easy pesto recipe from scratch!
Chicken is a Keto diet staple and can be used in so many different dishes. This recipes uses go-to chicken but in a new and exciting way! When you try this cheesy and delicious recipe once, you will be coming back again and again. This recipe leaves your chicken moist, cheesy, and full of flavor. Even though this recipe takes thirty-five total minutes to whip up, it only takes five minutes of prep time! That is it! Juicy, flavorful chicken in only a few minutes of preparation is exactly what I am after. One bite of this Keto Cheesy Chicken Pesto Casserole and you won’t believe it took only five hands-on minutes.
Ready for some succulent perfection? This is your answer. I am obsessed with this flavor combination and how easy this dish is to prepare. Start by pre-heating your oven. While your oven warms up, slice your chicken into thin pieces if they are thicker than one inch. Rub the chicken breasts with salt, pepper before placing them in a baking dish in single layer. Next is my favorite ingredient, the pesto. Spread it on top of your chicken breasts. Here comes the cheese! Put Mozzarella cheese slices on top of the pesto, followed by the tomato slices. Your Keto Cheesy Chicken Pesto Casserole is now ready for the oven! Bake for thirty minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165F and you are ready to enjoy this scrumptious dinner.
With flavorful pesto and ooey-gooey Mozzarella, this chicken recipe is not one to miss. Cheesy and full of pesto-goodness, this chicken recipe is anything but boring. That said, it will definitely become a staple in your kitchen. It is delicious while still being Keto/Low Carb. Even better, this Keto Cheesy Chicken Pesto Casserole is also Gluten-Free! How many casseroles can say that?
How To Make Keto Pesto Chicken Casserole
Here are some step-by-step pictures of this recipe to inspire you!
First, season the chicken breasts, put them in a baking dish in a single layer and slather with pesto.
Next, cover with a layer of cheese slices.
Add tomato slices and sprinkle with more seasoning if desired.
Bake the chicken casserole in a pre-heated 350F oven for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken is 165F. Enjoy!
Keto Cheesy Chicken Pesto Casserole
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz pesto
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning optional
- 1/2 tsp pepper optional
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- If the chicken breasts are thicker than 1 inch, slice them in half horizontally so they are thinner.
- Rub the chicken breasts with salt, then place in a 9x13 inch baking dish in a single layer.
- Spread the pesto on top of chicken.
- Put Mozzarella cheese slices on top of pesto.
- Put tomato slices on top of cheese.
- If desired, sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pepper on top.
- Put the chicken in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chicken is 165F.
If you like this keto chicken pesto mozzarella casserole, you will also love these easy keto chicken dinners:
- Keto Coconut Chicken – this chicken is mouthwatering! The coconut crust is out of this world!
- Keto Chicken Roll – this unique recipe turns chicken thighs into a homemade meat roll that is sort of like gyros!
- Instant Pot Keto Salsa Chicken – throw chicken breast and a jar of low-carb salsa into an Instant Pot and dinner is ready!
Plus more keto favorites here:
- Best Ever Keto Bread – tastes like real bread, you just gotta try it to believe it! Super easy!
- Keto Bacon Cheddar Dip – OMG it’s always a party hit, so addictive!