This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Green bean casserole is a must-have holiday recipe! This Keto Green Bean Casserole from scratch requires no canned soup and is keto, low-carb, and gluten-free!
Creamy, tasty green bean casserole is one of my Thanksgiving favorites. I love the flavor and texture combination. It is a side dish I look forward to when the holidays roll around! However, it is a dish that often relies on cans of mushroom soup. This take on a family classic is made from scratch – no canned soup needed!
Best of all, this delicious Keto Green Bean Casserole from scratch is ready in thirty minutes total and couldn’t taste better!
This is the only green bean casserole recipe you are ever going to need. It is ready in a few quick steps even though it is made from scratch. It combines delicious ingredients to make a side dish that is flavorful, creamy, and decadent. Even though it is a holiday favorite, this Keto Green Bean Casserole from Scratch is so easy to make you will find yourself ready to whip it up on a random Wednesday!
How To Make Low Carb Green Bean Casserole
Start by preheating our oven to 400 degrees. Put your green beans into a microwave-safe dish, adding two tablespoons of water. Cover the dish and microwave green beans on high for five minutes, or until the beans are tender.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for seven minutes until the onions are caramelized.
Add in the garlic, stirring for another minutes. Mix in the chicken stock and cream cheese to the onion mixture. As the cream cheese warms up and begins to melt, start stirring and mix until the cream cheese is fully melted and incorporated.
Mix in the green beans, salt and pepper.
Put the green beans mixture into a baking dish. Top with shredded cheese.
Bake the green bean casserole for ten minutes, until the cheese is melted. Your Keto green bean casserole from scratch is ready to enjoy!
With this recipe you can enjoy a Thanksgiving favorite while still making sure you follow a keto diet plan. It has never been easier! Keto Green Bean Casserole from Scratch is going to be your new favorite holiday dish. It is all the things you are after when it comes to holiday cooking – classic yet healthy, delicious but easy to make.
Also, check these out:
Keto Green Bean Casserole From Scratch
- 1 lb green beans trimmed and cut in half
- 8 oz mushrooms chopped
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Put green beans in a microwave-safe dish and add 2 tbsp of water. Cover the dish and microwave on High for 5 minutes, or until green beans are tender. (Alternatively, you can cook green beans in the Instant Pot or boi them in a pot of water for 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes, or until caramelized. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and cream cheese to the onion mixture. As the cream cheese warms up and starts melting, start stirring and mix until the cream cheese is fully melted and incorporate into the mixture. Add cooked green beans, salt and pepper and mix until combined. Add more salt to taste if needed.
- Put the green bean mixture into a baking dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
If you like this green bean casserole from scratch, you will also like these easy recipes:
- Almond Flour Pie Crust – this is a low-carb version of the graham cracker crust, use it for any holiday pies, such as pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake or pecan pie!
- Low Carb Sangria – celebrate in style with this red delicious sangria without the extra carbs!
- Cheddar Bacon Dip – this dip is so addictive, the bowl will be scraped clean!
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast – if you are an Instant Pot owner, you’ll love this moist and tender turkey breast, so easy!
- Turkey Stuffed Acorn Squash – this festive easy dinner is perfect for the Fall season!
- Keto Butter Cookies – they are gluten-free and low-carb and taste like regular cookies!