This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These air fryer hashbrowns are amazing! So golden-brown and crispy, air fryer makes the crunchiest hashbrowns ever!
I’m a huge fan of hashbrowns from scratch – once you try making hashbrowns from fresh potatoes, you’ll never want to eat hashbrowns from the package! I’ve been making them from scratch in a frying pan for years, but since I got my air fryer I realized how awesome the air fryer is getting things to be brown and crispy without any work. So what’s the next crispy yummy thing to make in the air fryer? Hashbrowns, of course!
If you don’t have the air fryer, you need it in your life – I recommend this air fryer model. If you need to make hashbrowns today before your air fryer arrives, you can still do it in a frying pan by using my stovetop hashbrowns recipe :)
Look at these amazing air fried hashbrowns! They are so well browns, so crispy, OMG! When you bite into them, you actually feel the crunch!
When hashbrowns are made from scratch with fresh potatoes, they actually taste like real food! Packaged stuff will never beat the real food flavor! If you are a fan of crunchy hashbrowns, you need these air fryer hashbrowns in your life!
If you never made hashbrowns from scratch, you won’t believe how quick and easy it is. If you have a food processor fitted with a shredder disk, it will shred the potatoes in seconds! Food processor is a very heavily used tool in my kitchen, if you are in the market for a new food processor click here for a food processor model I recommend. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a box grater side with large holes to shred potatoes.
How To Make Air Fryer Hashbrowns
Making air fryer hashbrowns from scratch is really easy! First, spray the inside of the air fryer basket thoroughly with a cooking spray so they hashbrowns don’t stick (I really like this cooking spray brand as it works really well to keep things from sticking).
Next toss the shredded potatoes with melted butter. I simply melt the butter in a microwave in a large Pyrex bowl (a great thing about Pyrex is that it’s microwave-safe, I have this set of Pyrex bowls and use them every day). Once the butter is melted, I just put shredded potatoes in the same Pyrex bowl and mix with butter.
Spread the buttered shredded potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook hashbrowns in the air fryer at 400F for 13 minutes.
The best thing is that there is no need to flip hashbrowns in the air fryer! Since the air fryer basket has holes at the bottom, those holes let the hot air in and allow the hashbrowns to brown on the bottom too without having to flip them! Speaking about flipping, check out my recipe for no-flip omelette – you’ll love it!
Once the hashbrowns are cooked, use a silicone spatula to remove them from the air fryer basket to the serving plate. If you are lucky, it might get removed as one perfect giant pancake :) If the big hashbrown pancake breaks in the process, just remove the hashbrowns in several pieces like I did on the picture below.
What To Serve With Hashbrowns
Here are some yummy recipe ideas to add to your awesome brunch along with the air fryer hashbrowns:
- Oven Frittata – so puffy and golden brown, everyone will want a piece of this frittata!
- Crispy Baked Bacon – this is the easiest way to cook a whole package of bacon, no grease splatters!
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes – this is the only pancake recipe you’ll ever need!
- Air Fryer Sausage – so well browned and cooks so quickly!
- Mexican Scrambled Eggs – make it a fiesta with these spicy Mexican-inspired eggs!
- Baked French Toast – so easy to make, your whole house will smell like cinnamon!
Browse all my easy breakfast recipes for more inspo!
Other Easy Potato Recipes
Potato lovers, rejoice! I have tons of potato recipes on my site, you can click here to browse them all :) Here are some highlights:
- Greek Lemon Potatoes
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Instant Pot Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Best Ever Potato Salad
More Air Fryer Recipes
Ever since I got my air fryer, I’ve been cooking so many things with it! Check these out:
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes – such crispy skin and fluffy inside, this is my new favorite way of baking potatoes!
- Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes – so crispy and caramelized, these sweet potatoes are so full of flavor!
- Air Fryer Meatballs – this is the quickest and easiest way to make meatballs from scratch!
- Air Fryer Quesadillas – such an easy recipe and comes out so crispy!
- Air Fryer Baked Apples – stuffed with cinnamon and raisin, these apples just melt in your mouth!
Air Fryer Hashbrowns From Scratch
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket thoroughly with a cooking spray.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Put potatoes in a food processor fitted with a shredder disk and shred them.
- Put shredded potatoes in the mixing bowl, add melted butter and toss until combined.
- Put shredded potatoes in the air fryer basket and spread them in a single layer.
- Air fry the hashbrowns at 400F for 13 minutes, or until golden brown (you don't need to flip the hashbrowns).
- Remove the hashbrowns from the air fryer with a spatula, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.