This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This moist and tender air fryer yellow cake is amazing! It is so easy to put boxed cake mix in the air fryer. All you have to do is mix together yellow boxed cake mix, eggs, water, and oil in a bowl. Then pop it in the air fryer to cook and you have ready to eat perfectly cook cake in under 35 minutes!
Air Fryer Yellow Cake From Box Mix
This is one of the best cake recipes for the air fryer! Using box cake mix in the air fryer is a no fuss and easy way to bake that results in the most perfectly baked moist cake that you’ve ever had without even having to turn your oven on! I’m telling you once you try this air fryer cake it will change everything you ever thought you knew about baking.
And your friends and family are going to love this yummy cake. They will be amazed at how undeniably delicious yellow boxed cake made in the air fryer can be!
How to Make Box Cake Mix In The Air Fryer
Making boxed cake in an air fryer has never been easier! It’s a one bowl recipe that requires very few ingredients and makes nearly no mess at all. Here is all you will need:
- 2 Cups Boxed Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Oil
You only need 2 cups of boxed yellow cake mix. I have scaled the recipe down to make just the right portion of batter to fit the air fryer.
Also, I like to use a springform pan when baking in my air fryer, but you can use any pan that will fit into your air fryer at home.
To start, spray you baking pan with non stick cooking spray or grease with butter to keep the air fryer cake from sticking.
Now, add the eggs to a large bowl and whisk. Then add the water and oil and whisk it all together. Finally, add the 2 cups of boxed cake mix and stir together with a large spoon until the batter is well combined.
Next, place your baking pan in the basket of the air fryer. Then pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. To bake, put the air fryer basket into the air fryer and cook for 30 minutes at 320 degrees fahrenheit. After 30 minutes test the doneness of your air fryer cake by piercing it with a toothpick, which will come out clean when the cake is fully baked. If your yellow cake is not quite baked just put it back in the air fryer and cook for an additional 5 minutes at the same temperature.
Once fully baked, allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan in the removed air fryer basket. When cool remove your cake from the pan and enjoy!
This air fryer yellow cake from box mix is amazing on its own, but you can also frost it with my vanilla whipped cream frosting or my yummy chocolate frosting made from chocolate chips! It’s also delicious when served with fruit or ice cream.
How to Store Air Fryer Cake
This air fryer yellow cake stores well at room temperature for up to a week when kept in a container or covered. You can also store this cake in an airtight container or sealed bag in the freezer for months. Just be sure that the cake is completely cool before storing it in a container or bag to prevent condensation, which will cause the cake to get mushy.
Can You Use Any Brand of Cake Mix?
Yes! You can use any boxed yellow cake mix for this recipe. The most important thing is just to follow the recipe below and only use 2 cups of the boxed mix. That will ensure that you make the correct amount of batter for the air fryer and your cake will come out perfect. So pick any brand of boxed yellow cake mix you like.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Yellow Cake
Cake made in the air fryer is delicious on its own, but it is also a fantastic start to a fancier dessert. So if you’d like to jazz up your air fryer cake these are a few of my favorite recipes that pair really well with yellow cake.
- Apples Baked In The Microwave
- Sugar-Free Keto Whipped Cream
- Soft Serve Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream
- Healthy Style Easy Fried Apples
- Chocolate Banana Dairy-Free Ice Cream
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
Baking and making desserts in the air fryer is so quick and easy. You can make so many yummy things to satisfy your sweet tooth. Here are a few of my best air fryer dessert recipes.
- Air Fryer Frozen Apple Turnovers
- S’mores In The Air Fryer
- Canned Cinnamon Rolls In The Air Fryer
- Air Fried Bananas
- Chocolate Chip Muffins In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Yellow Cake From Box Mix
- 2 cups boxed yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Springform Pan
- Large bowl
- Spray your baking pan with non stick cooking spray or use butter to grease.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl and whisk.
- Now, add the water and oil to the eggs and whisk together again.
- Next, add 2 cups of the boxed yellow cake mix and stir with a large spoon until well combined. You won't need the whole box of cake mix.
- Set your baking pan in the air fryer basket. Then pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and cook the cake at 320°F for 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes is up, check to see if it's done by piercing your cake with a toothpick. The toothpick should come out clean when the cake is done. If the cake is not done yet just put it back into the air fryer to cook for another 5 minutes.
- When done allow the cake to cool in the baking pan in the removed air fryer basket for 10 minutes. Then take the pan out and remove your yummy cake to enjoy!
- Frozen Pierogies In The Instant Pot
- Homemade Meatloaf In the Air Fryer
- Frozen Falafel In The Air Fryer
- Yellow Cake Recipe From Scratch