As bright as it is tasty, this delectable Roasted Yellow Squash is perfection. Healthy and delicious, you will love this side dish when added to any meal!
Yellow squash is one of those foods that just brings a smile to your face. It is so bright it somehow brings cheer to any kitchen! This Roasted Yellow Squash recipe brings out a naturally amazing flavor without much work and with just a few ingredients. No need to overpower this incredibly side with sauces, herbs, and spices – it is lovely when prepared with just a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of Italian seasoning, and a bit of salt and pepper.
Great news for all of you busy folks, this recipe takes only five minutes of prep time and then the oven does all the work! You don’t even have to peel the yellow squash. If that doesn’t win you over, this will; this recipe is gluten-free, low in carbs, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, and keto. Wowza!
You can’t beat ready in no time and healthy, that’s for sure. The best news yet – it is not only healthy, but so amazingly delicious.
To make tasty side dish, preheat your oven. Cut the the yellow squash into one-inch pieces and place in a bowl. Drizzle the squash with olive oil before tossing it to ensure it is well-coated. Next, put the yellow squash onto a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle Iatlian seasoning on top before putting the pan into the oven on the top rack. Bake for 15 minutes, then switch the oven to broil for just four minutes. This is the secret to making this recipe so irresistible. When you see the squash is golden-brown and tender, remove it from the oven and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top. Your oven roasted yellow squash will now be cooked to perfection and ready to enjoy! It makes a great side with any main dish.
Whether you are looking to meet a specific dietary need or just want a quick, tasty side, look no further than this Roasted Yellow Squash recipe. Nothing beats simple, perfectly prepared squash. In this case, less is truly more. You’re sure to love the fresh yellow squash flavor when prepared using this easy method. It is timeless recipe that is great any time of year. Your whole family is sure to enjoy this tasty recipe for many dinners to come.
Roasted Yellow Squash
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Cut the yellow squash into 1-inch pieces. Put it in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss until coated with oil.
- Put the yellow squash on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil and cook for another 4 minutes, or until the squash is golden-brown and tender.
- Remove roasted yellow squash from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
If you like this roasted yellow squash, you will also like my other squash recipes:
- Delicata Squash Fries – those healthy squash fries are made in the oven and taste mouthwatering!
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash – sub it for spaghetti for a low-carb side!
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash – if you have an air fryer, it is great from frying squash! You can air fry the yellow squash the same way!