This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Need a really quick side dish that takes just a few minutes to make? This veggie recipe is just for you! It’s so easy to cook fresh yellow summer squash in the air fryer. It’s super healthy and full of vitamins, plus it tastes delicious too.
I don’t know about you, but I love making healthy recipes that are simple and easy to make!
With a family that keeps me busy during the week ( and let’s be real… weekends too), I don’t have a lot of time to cook. But, I don’t let that stop me! I still want to give my family healthy meals- it just means that I have found ways to do them quicker.
That’s why I fall back on a lot of fresh vegetables that roast quickly and don’t take a lot of time to prep. Some of my favorite fresh vegetables to cook are:
I also love to use seasonal vegetables, like this yellow summer squash! Packed with many vitamins and nutrients my family won’t know what hit them whenever I roast up this veggie.
Today, I am going to show you how to roast fresh yellow summer squash in the air fryer. All you need is just 20 minutes of your time and you’ll have dinner on the table!
How To Cook Yellow Summer Squash In The Air Fryer
To make the yellow summer squash, start by spraying the inside of the air fryer basket with your favorite non-stick cooking spray.
Then, chop up the yellow summer squash into even cubes. You can leave the skin on!
Season the yellow summer squash with salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic powder, and Italian herbs. Toss them so that they are coated evenly.
Place the cubed summer squash in the air fryer basket. Lay them out in an even layer and make sure they are not stacked on top of each other. This will help them to all cook evenly!
Cook them at 400F for about 15 minutes. Open the air fryer basket halfway through cooking and shaking it. This will move the yellow squash around so that all sides cook the same.
When the cooking time finishes, they are ready to serve! No extra steps are needed.
- If you cut them too small, they might cook faster. The exact cooking time depends on how large you cut the pieces.
- Take them out when the edges are golden brown.
- Change up the seasoning! For a little heat, sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top.
- Cooking with frozen vegetables saves me a lot of time too! In fact, you can make frozen butternut squash in your air fryer and it tastes amazing.
What To Serve With Air-Fried Yellow Squash
Yellow summer squash is really mild, so it goes with any type of the main course you can cook. I personally like to eat it with some chicken breasts, but it tastes great with beef and pork too. With some mashed potatoes and air-fried broccoli for extra veggies, this will for sure be a family favorite for dinner!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe for air-fried yellow summer squash, you should try these other air fryer recipes. It’s super easy to make for a healthy dinner side dish.
These are some of my go-to air fryer recipes that I make all of the time!
- Air Fryer Roasted Sugar Snap Peas
- Air Fryer Whole Cauliflower
- Jimmy Dean Pancake And Sausage On A Stick In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Frozen Chicken Fries In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Yellow Summer Squash
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Cut the yellow squash into 1/2-inch cubes and put in a bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian herb seasoning and toss until combined.
- Put seasoned yellow squash in the air fryer and cook at 400F for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove cooked yellow squash from the air fryer and serve.
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash